if you had three wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-8 22:01:52 |Display all floors
3 wishes:

keep my beauty;
get me wealthy;
find my happiness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 22:06:59 |Display all floors
because I can't get any free wishes I'm working on to my wishes come true. :)
Waiting for summer :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 22:45:18 |Display all floors
Some of you are saying wealthy. He said no money wishes!

And what about this "healthy" wish? If we and our families will be healthy forever, will we die later? Might we live to 175 or 200 or 300 yrs old as long as we don't get hit by a car or in some accident that kills us? Because we will not die of any diseases if we are always healthy.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 04:20:28 |Display all floors
Freaky, I admit to not following the rules, but I was reminded of "healthy, wealthy, and wise" by several of the earlier wishes posted.  

As far as "healthy" goes, when I thought of that I was also thinking of an acquaintance who recently died at age 86 of a sudden, immediately fatal stroke.  He was healthy and active to the end, officiated at a Christmas celebration that night, and was quietly reading in his room when it happened.  He flew vintage airplanes until recently.  Most older people I know would like to go like that.

As far as the idea of being healthy until some accident kills you, that's not so bad either.  I have often thought that dangerous, daredevil activities are more appropriate for retirees who no longer have families depending on them than for young parents.  There are a lot worse ways to go than by hitting some hard object at high speed.  One example for me is the first Pres. Bush, who made parachute jumps at 75 and 80.  He was inspired to do that by someone I had jumped with quite a few years ago before I had family responsibilities.

As for wishes, Star Light's in #28 seem about as good as any here.
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 10:01:23 |Display all floors
Yeah, or when you're ready to die, just go parachuting without a chute. Wait, then on your way down you might think, "Darn, this is fun, I should've worn a parachute and done it a few more times first." Or take some pills or something... of course if everyone were to be healthy forever they'd have to let Dr. K-- K-- Kervokviencoirnkian do his job. And train more people.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 16:48:47 |Display all floors
first : Hope everyone I know are healthy, my parents, my brothers, my friends.......
Second: visit the countries I would like to
Third : hope my wishes as above will come true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 17:13:27 |Display all floors
One, able to master English.
Two, find ms. right.
Three, happiness.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.