Author: markis

Why does everyone ask me "Why don't you date one of your students?" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-5 09:53:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by afri_simba at 2007-1-3 18:21
The love affairs between doctors and patients, teachers and students, bosses and subordinates, directors and the actors/actresses, errrrr...priests and followers, are always, in most of the cases,  ...

In the west, all these relationships are a bit taboo. Sometimes they happen and work, but usually they are frowned upon and people close to those people will tell them to be careful, watch out, etc.

Let's say Person A is the boss, teacher, doctor, etc
Person B is the student, patient, etc..

The thing is, person B looks up to Person A, and is sometimes in awe of his/her knowledge. And if person A has helped B in some way, which is usually the case, then B does end up having some positive feelings for A, but those feelings may be translated wrong just because they are also attractive. It is not uncommon at all for patients to fall for their pyschologists, because they have gotten inside their moind,and B feels that A is the only one who understand them. That could be true in simpler ways for all of the above.

Is this called the Oedipus complex? Or is that only with parents?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 14:38:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-1-5 04:53
Is this called the Oedipus complex?

Haha...

I'd rather call it a kinda Electra complex since, in most of the cases alike, the former are males while the latter are females.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 15:14:53 |Display all floors

Between Hell and High Water

Electra? Didn't she get raped, by Zeus - anyway that is love for father against mother.

Back on topic, this Beijing teacher has a problem.

If he dates the pretty student, she one day may fall out with him and gossip to undermine his authority. Also, if he does favours for her (which he will have to do), why does he not treat his other students the same?

If he does not date any of his students, all the girls will get together and feel rejected by him and maybe will feel insulted as a group. His students will ask themselves "Are we so unattractive that he has gone outside the campus to find a girl friend?"

If he can date pretty students but refuses, some or many of his male Chinese colleagues may think he is a bit stupid.

You can't win so why not find the prettiest girl you can and fall in love with her.

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 19:41:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-1-5 09:53

In the west, all these relationships are a bit taboo. Sometimes they happen and work, but usually they are frowned upon and people close to those people will tell them to be careful, watch out, ...

hey ur in BeiJIng right now?
for how long like?
i wanna meet u ^_^
beta176.gif
porch monkey 4 life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-5 20:26:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by katewannab21 at 2007-1-5 19:41
hey ur in BeiJIng right now?
for how long like?
i wanna meet u ^_^

I'm only here another 4-5 hours.    Just kidding, I'm living here for a while, don't know how long. I currenty have a slight visa issue I wasn't expecting, so.... maybe it really will only be a few more hours.   

Are you 20? Is that why your name says you wannab21? (or maybe you're younger?) Are you a guy or girl? Sorry, I thought you were a girl but I remember another post that made me think you may have been a guy. PM me with more about yourself. I have a bad memory.

I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 11:15:42 |Display all floors

I'm not 20 but I still wannab21
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 21:09:54 |Display all floors
teacher dates the students is ethically wrong, and it's being called inprofessional behavior, and mostly being found as nasty by common moral standarded point of view.

in my old school days, we call male teacher who date his female students as skirt-chaser arshole.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.