Views: 86261|Replies: 174

Are you far away from home? Do you miss home a lot? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-31 12:12:12 |Display all floors
I always feel quite happy when I can go back home after a comparatively long time. In fact, I don't miss home too much, but I'm willing to see my families again and view the familiar small town that is so quiet and fantastic in my eyes. What about you? What's your feelings about your home and your dear hometown?
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 12:35:15 |Display all floors
i hate home... i cant wait til college and move out...
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 13:29:52 |Display all floors
I've only been away for 3.5 months. I haven't missed it much, except around Christmas. Recently I watched a movie that takes place in the US and I missed it, I wished I was in that scene, even though it was a plain boring scene of a family at a highway rest stop. But it made me have the *feeling* of the US - the scenery, familiar items on convenience store shelves, a certain style of highway signs for hotels and restaurants in the background.

For a half a day I really wanted to be back home. Later when I went out into the chinese-world, for a few minutes it seemed very strange, like more foreign than usual. But once I started walking down the street, and got on a bus, and heard so many voices in chinese, I smiled. Then I felt like, "wow, cool. I'm in a foreign country". I think chinese is pleasant to listen to. Well, except for one particular bus guy yesterday - when he announced the bus stops I couldn't understand a word he said. I was really lucky i'd been on that route before, and that Beihai starts with a B, because that's about the only sound I could make out.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 15:04:42 |Display all floors

I am far away, but don't miss home..

as Im Chinese born in Holland, Im very far away alone, in Shanghai, here I only have my gf and some friends (which I don't see often, everyone is busy etc)
but really as I personally don't miss Holland for sure, as family, well there was a big family reunion 2 weeks ago... some I haven't seen for 2 years !!!! 0_0..
so it was nice to see all of them almost again, in Hong Kong...
so I don't miss them really...   am independant en have my own life here, so time goes fast....~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 17:19:46 |Display all floors
yep. especially in duanwu & mid-autumn & the spring festiveal...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 17:28:33 |Display all floors
At times more than others. This is the 7th year that  I have been away from my country. Due to circumstances I did not get the chance to visit back during the first 6 years, that was tough, especially when you go back and you notice all the differences around you, like how much your brother and sister grew in your absence, but some things do not change which is good ..... Otherwise, the whole place will become foreign as well.
In the past year I got the chance to visit twice which I appreciate. I also value a lot the means of communications which enables us to keep in touch.
"You do not have a second chance at making a first impression"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-31 17:34:13 |Display all floors
i miss home cos mum and dad are there. i am far away from them. miss them alot. will go back to visit them during the lunar new year holiday. i willl have five days' break. i miss mom's good cooking madly. living in a differnt city is terrilbe.
或者升的更高,或者彻底堕落;
或者成就自己,或者毁掉自己。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.