Views: 24819|Replies: 48

Black Men In China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-30 12:03:59 |Display all floors
I often hear about how black men have trouble getting chinese girlfriends here in China. When I first arrived here, i heard all the stories about black men in china, they're all involved in illegal activity, they have AIDS, they're too strong (sexually) for chinese women etc etc. I just want to say that at least among me and my black friends (all from canada and the USA) none of us have ever experienced any difficulties or any prejudice in finding and keeping attractive chinese girlfriends. in fact, i've discovered the opposite. a lot of chinese women desire black men.

one thing a lot of  black men do that chinese women feel is important  is that we take care of our bodies better than a lot of other men. most of my black friends dont drink much, dont smoke, and exercise, and chinese women (at least the ones i know) seem to respect, admire and desire tall, strong looking men. We all know how important physical attractiveness is in china. also, because of the percieved difficulties, i think black men just try harder to be a good boyfriend/husband to a chinese woman.

so for any black males out there who think they're having trouble finding a chinese woman, dont despair. there are many beautiful chinese women out there who are very interested in meeting a black man, and you will find the one for you sooner or later.

any comments on what i've said are appreciated.

Jason

[ Last edited by blakmanchina at 2006-12-30 12:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 12:55:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blakmanchina at 2006-12-30 12:03
I often hear about how black men have trouble getting chinese girlfriends here in China. When I first arrived here, i heard all the stories about black men in china, they're all involved in illegal ...

Unfortunately, our world has not reached the point of accepting everybody based on there skin color and customs. Black or white, red or yellow, we are all essentially the same. We have progressed though. No longer do we throw the Christians to the lions, many countries now have strong laws which deal with racism. As a white dude, I have experienced racism first hand in North America.  It was a very scary experience. I know how it feels. In time, China will become a melting pot of many cultures but it will take time. I don't think China really wants more people at this time. China is taking strong measures to control the population numbers. This is understandable. Good luck to you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 13:25:02 |Display all floors
I am just wondering as there are so many attractive, yet different races of women out there, why Chinese women are the most desirable for foreigners living in China. Everyday I see male westerners walking hand in hand with female Chinese, but I can hardly find a couple of Chinese male with Western female. More ofthen the attractive western females are with their female friends, so what is wrong with the aesthtic view point of westerners?

Is it just because no one wants them at home so they are now seeking the understanding from Chinese women?

One thing still confuses me is lots of young, glamourous Chinese girls would rather choose an old foreigner as their "boyfriend" than a good looking Chinese boy at their age. Is it just because of money?

And of course, one thing I do understand is that an old westerner could hardly find a young, tall, blonde, hilarious western girl back home so he has to turn to the ignorant Chinese female money worshiper, which is quite making sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 14:12:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eternity at 2006-12-30 13:25
I am just wondering as there are so many attractive, yet different races of women out there, why Chinese women are the most desirable for foreigners living in China. Everyday I see male ...

maybe its a mutual attraction. foreign men find chinese women very attractive, in particular physically attractive.  on the other hand, in my case, many of the chinese women i know consider a tall muscular black man as someone able give them a feeling of security. at least thats what they tell me.

black men have different habits and a different attitude towards women than most chinese men. maybe thats one of the reasons chinese women are looking to black men (and other foreigners) for their mates.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 14:19:44 |Display all floors
blame it on the media and the bad reputation in the bad neighborhood...
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 17:56:13 |Display all floors

Black People

Honestly speaking,  I really have no idea of how black guys doing in China, at least not in my city. It doesn't mean that there are no black people in my place, while on the other hand, this is a place populated with black people who come and go all the time. Most of them come from Africa and their purpose of being here is pretty obvious---importing pirate goods back to their country and try to make a fortune by doin g it cos everybody knows that the custom in Africa seems kind of loose and really, some ones who could make this big, their entire family could no longer worry about food for years.

That's all I know about black people in my surroundings, not relationships.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 18:34:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blakmanchina at 12-30-2006 14:12

maybe its a mutual attraction. foreign men find chinese women very attractive, in particular physically attractive.  on the other hand, in my case, many of the chinese women i know consider a tal ...

baloney...  

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-12-30 06:40 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.