Author: robtam

Mainlanders have babies in Hong Kong [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-3 16:25:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-1-3 15:14
Reply #29 emucentral's post

a little help to your HUMAN RIGHTS violation mood now...

the small problem is called "OVERPOPULATION" and lack of commodity or space.
but in Hong Kong, Shanghai....it's terribly crowded!

Don't get me wrong, GD.
I understand why China needs to limit migration from the countryside to the metropolitan areas.

My problem is not so much the fact that there is a Hukou system, it is rather the hypocrisy of those who defend it while criticising everyone else.

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-1-3 16:52
Tainan is from South Taiwan. He makes big money on the Mainland but he wants to be a banana, such a sad sack.  ...

The definition of a banana, according to Mengzhi, is a chinese person who dares think for themself and doesn't hold the same narrow racist prejudices as Mengzhi.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-1-3 07:10 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 04:26:29 |Display all floors

Got it wrong again.

No emu, you have got it all wrong again. Banana is a term of endearment ; a lofty goal for some Chinese to aspire to. Some do spend all their lives trying to attain that status, like reaching Nirvana. It is about " yellow on the outside and white on the inside ". Try as they will, their obssesion to be " white " in mannerism, speech and clothes, and even taking on " Christian names " are so, so sickening. In the end, the whites will wander off and ridicule these bananas as pretentious and pathetic pricks. If only the bananas can hear those comments!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 07:39:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-1-4 06:26
Try as they will, their obssesion to be " white " in mannerism, speech and clothes, and even taking on " Christian names " are so, so sickening. In the end, the whites will wander off and ridicule these bananas as pretentious and pathetic pricks. ...

Mengzhi,
I feel sorry for you.
You really do try to overcome your inferiority by over compensating with this facade of a superiority complex.
The racist comments don't help in your cause, they just make you look sillier.

Be proud of who you are. Be proud of other Chinese people who hold different opinions to you.
China has a huge cultural legacy, surely you can see that free thinking and intellectual development should be a treasured part of that legacy, rather than blindly following the current political school of thought?

To insult, as "bananas", anyone who thinks differently to you is an insult not to them, but to yourself.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-1-4 01:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 16:38:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tainanliu at 2007-1-2 19:54
Where do you get the idea a Hukou is like a bank account?
The Hukou is considered a human rights violation, people are marked according to the place their parents were from and their ethnicity, th ...

it seems i know some thing deeper to the Hukou system!!!

& i won't tell you!!!

Meng - Can you skip on that dickhead EMU???

or u lose a Wrestling partner???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 16:57:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2007-1-4 18:38
Meng - Can you skip on that dickhead EMU???

Yes Meng, please skip on that dickhead Emu.

He's sick of you buzzing around like an annoying little mosquito.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 19:42:40 |Display all floors

Reply to Mengzhi

You asked where I am from, Tainan.
About the Hukou thing, any Mainalnder living inside the borders of Mainland China, verses a Mainland Chinese national living overseas, must return to the place of their hukou to get, a new ID card, a passport, a tong xing zhen to go to Hong Kong or Macau.
This is not an exception it is a hard and fast rule.
This rule applies to all Mainlanders, no matter where they were born, meaning born and raised in Shenzhen, Hukou is in Qinghai, etc, etc, that is where you need to go for almost everything including to get married.
You may ask if a Mainlander can change the place of their Hukou, yes, but it isn't easy, for most impossible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 20:36:11 |Display all floors

I forgot to mention

About the human rights issue, the fact that a person is registered to a place they no little or nothing about could be a debatable human rights issue. The real human rights issue is the fact that each person has their ethnicity writen in Chinese on their ID cards. In Mainland China their are 56 ethnic groups, the Han ethnic group makes up by far the largest percentage of Mainlanders. The 55 other minorities make up about 15% of the population. There is no reason for the identity card to display this information, it often leads to discrimination and means you are categorized by your ethnicity and your hometown (Hukou).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.