Author: robtam

Mainlanders have babies in Hong Kong [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-30 15:55:27 |Display all floors
these tirades from the likes of mengzhi grow tiresome.
no where did i china bash or try to prove a "point"
hell i hardly even commented
it is sad that a topic like this gets hijacked by the "chip on their shoulder" crowd.
And you are right emu, this was a case of overreacting and distraction
and not wanting to face problems and difficulties
which funny enough only goes to prolong any resolution
sad really

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 20:14:55 |Display all floors

Twerp Twins.

As I said, the average Chinese would have read the same news ten times in Chinese media and publications before the gweilos decided to come to the rescue. Unless you two can read and write Chinese, I do not think you should take this high moral ground.

HK is Chinese territory emu. HK " citizenship " is PRC " citizenship ". Do you ever get embarassed with  any of your encyclopaedic gaffs and faux pas you make ? eg: Australian " independence day " is on Jan 1st haha.

wowzer,  You are showing the wetness behind your ears. If you are honest you would admit to being a prat and a rat. But that takes decency and dignity : perhaps a little too high a bar for some to clear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 11:43:24 |Display all floors

Reply #23 mengzhi's post

It's not citizenship that those Mainland "mostly" HK spouses wants..

It is PERMENANT RESIDENCE certificates...or HUKOU's in the mainland...
and that's the main issue!
the fees not paid is only the symptoms of the problem...

in Hong KOng, average pay is Rmb200,000 per annum Vs. Rmb20,000 in China Mainland!

Green Dragon
Yoda
Lord of the code

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 15:29:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2006-12-30 22:14
HK is Chinese territory emu. HK " citizenship " is PRC " citizenship ". Do you ever get embarassed with  any of your encyclopaedic gaffs and faux pas you make ? eg: Australian " independence day " is on Jan 1st haha. ...

I am sorry. The information I referred to indicated that on the mainland a Hukou was necessary part of citizenship registration. Foreign temporary residents of mainland China would not have a Hukou and therefore registration of their child as a Chinese national would be difficult.
HK, on the other hand, conforms to international practise apparently and will issue an HK ID card for a child (even of foreigners) born in the territory. Presumably that child would still not have a Hukou?

The result is similar, but I know you want to quibble on the detail.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-1-1 06:10 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-2 03:59:59 |Display all floors

Empty vessels.

Dear emu,

Happy New Year. I do not want to " quibble " on any detail. I in fact said this is another small thing which excites small minds : the storm in the tea cup genre. Mainland citizens left hospital without paying bills was the altruistic self righteous call to arms. Hong Kong tourists leave Mainland hotels without paying bills; Aussies do that in Australia, and others do it in Australia. So what is new? What  is old is this incessant chant and crap over non events involving China, magnify them a thousand times and pontificate from the pulpit of the virtuous.

Sounds like a dork , look like a dork and it IS a dork.  Case closed.

Confucius said " empty vessels make most noise ".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-2 08:36:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-1-2 05:59
Sounds like a dork , look like a dork and it IS a dork.  Case closed....

Thanks Mengzhi. I presume now that my last post, comparing HK's implementation of international norms regarding birthplace/residency, with the mainland's discriminatory Hukou system is close to the mark.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-2 18:37:45 |Display all floors

Kindergarten classes continue.

Emu,

You talk as if HK is still a outpost of the British empire ! Look here, it is NOT. It is now part of China. Hukou is " bank account " which is an administration check , like a tax file number. SAR of HK is part of the " 1C  2S " as practised by the PRC to satisfy the concerns of every  party. This would not have been thought of or made available in Australia. The Aborigines were never given special privileges. They were hunted down and exterminated systematically. I suppose that was the Aussie version of "1C 2S ": kill one lot and benefit the other.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.