Author: robtam

Mainlanders have babies in Hong Kong [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-28 14:55:30 |Display all floors
uncaringhk drooled, "that's is stealing!!"

I can assure you I would not steal your gibberish.
The last thing the forum needs is more of that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 12:03:25 |Display all floors

and what is the actual topic?

ha ha ha

Hong Kong hospital should charge the same for resident and non resident?
Hong Kong should have a money first policy before treatment?
Mainlander Chinese are not Chinese in Hong Kong?

Looks like a big can of worms!

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 12:29:05 |Display all floors
greendragon wrote, "Looks like a big can of worms!"

You are right about that!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-29 20:54:34 |Display all floors

Have some balls and stick to your guns.

Dear andrew the wowser,

#6 was where you said " The point is this ; Mainlanders are coming to HK having babies and running away without paying bills ".

Now in English it means that Mainland Chinese are making a habit of reneging on paying the hospital accounts for obstetric services. Do I have your meaning right ? If so, this is a common garden variety service payment problem at any shop you care to choose on any street you care to go.

Your making mountains out of molehills is so transparent, juvenile and pathetic, really.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 01:39:18 |Display all floors

Mengzhi you little twerp

This from the China Daily, "Thousands of Mainlanders flock to Hong Kong to give birth to to their baby so they can get Hong Kong Permanent Residence for their children; but after receiving service from the hospital they leave without paying the bill."

So, if you want to argue the point, argue with CD!!

Don't shoot the messenger!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 06:29:45 |Display all floors

Twerp reporting sir.

Dear wowzer,

This is the twerp reporting for duty sir. This is just my point. You are so hell bent in tarnishing China you will grasp at any straw to " prove " your point. What is the real purpose of your cut-n-paste " news " ? To improve the societal value system of China ? To right some wrong ? Or the cheap shot made available by this piece of negative news ? There is no doubt some mainlanders obtain services without paying for them, if they can, Where do you live ? and don't you have similar shysters too ? This " news " is carried by  all the Chinese press all over the place, it is not as if your have " discovered " something unique. Do you read Chinese ?

This big  storm in a teacup can be fixed by some rudimentary business acumen like cash up front. I fail to see your need to get your knickers in a knot , looking after the welfare of your Chinese brethren . Humbug is as humbug be.  Yours truely,  Twerp.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-30 15:38:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2006-12-30 08:29
This is the twerp reporting for duty sir. This is just my point. You are so hell bent in tarnishing China you will grasp at any straw to " prove " your point. What is the real purpose of your cut-n-paste " news " ? To improve the societal value system of China ? To right some wrong ? Or the cheap shot made available by this piece of negative news ?  ...

Mengzhi, Mengzhi, Mengzhi. Why do twerps like you keep over-reacting to those sorts of posts.

Robtam started the thread. It was triggered by a front page China Daily article where they obviously thought it interesting enough news to report.

Robtam commented by comparing the very different regulations between the mainland and Hong Kong.
In HK the international norms are followed where birthplace confers some sort of citizenship rights. Presumably this is the main part of the attraction of HK for mainland mothers. However on the mainland, as Robtam pointed out, gaining citizenship is far more difficult as it involves this hukou residency certificate.

There was also the issue of "money up front" requirements in mainland hospitals which Robtam mentioned, and has been reported to be a cause for concern in previous incidents reported on CD front pages.

It's a legitimate discussion point, but Mengzhi I fear that you only want to "discuss" the good news with mutual back slapping rather than all the news.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.