Views: 5574|Replies: 11

Did Buddha prophesy the coming of Jesus? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-15 13:31:13 |Display all floors
On of my favorite places to go in Thailand is the town of Chiang Mai in the north, and just outside the Tha Pae Gate of the old city, there is a little side road that has the Gecko Bookstore (selling new & used books -- great place), and then if you wander a little past that, you will arrive at a charming old Buddhist temple, the Wat Phra Sing.  This temple was originally built to house the bones of one of the Thai kings who lived in Chiang Mai, and later I believe it held the Golden Buddha.  But it's also famous for its Buddhist scriptures.  If you walk into the temple and turn to the right, you'll find the Scripture library.  Anyway, in this library is a very intriguing scripture that reads as follows:

"When Buddha was traveling and living in this world, there was an old Brahmin priest who wore white robes who asked the Buddha, 'How will all men and all Brahmin continue in their merit-making so as to escape the results of sin?'

And the Buddha answered, "Even though you give alms, and pray 5 times a day, and even offer yourself as a burnt offering, you will still not escape the results of your sins. You shall not enter heaven's doors,"

So then the old priest asked, "So what must we do to be saved?"

And the Buddha answered, "The results of sin and karma are very great -- heavier than the sky."  (he talks about this theme for awhile)

Then the Buddha added, "I have given up my royal position and entered the priesthood. Even though I am good, I will only have a very small amount of merit at the end of a year. If I was given this same amount of merit for 100,000 epochs, and lived 10 lifetimes, I would not be saved from sin's results even once."

So then the old priest asked, "So, what shall we all do?"

And the Buddha said, "Keep on earning merit and watch for another Holy One who will come and help the world and all of you in the future."

And the old priest asked, "What will the characteristics of this Holy One be like?"

And the Buddha answered, "The Holy One will be like this: in the palm of his hands and in the flat of his feet will be the design of a disk; in his side will be a stab wound, and his forehead will have many marks like scars.  This Holy One will be the Golden Boat that will carry you over the cycle of rebirths to the Highest Heaven. Do not look for salvation in the old way. There is no salvation in the old way. And there will be a new spirit that will come down like the light of a lightening bug, which will come down from the sky above to live in all your hearts,"

"Note: when Jesus died by crucifixion, his hands and feet were nailed to the cross -- thus the round marks of a disk.  The Roman soldier stabbed his side with a sword after He died.  The the soldiers put a crown of thorns on his head, thus the scars on his forehead.

Permission was granted to copy these scriptures by Phra Sriwisthutiswong in Bangkok.  This copy was guaranteed as following the exact original, and accurate in translation in the book of the District Headman, Religious Encyclopedia 23, book #29.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-15 13:32:29 |Display all floors

Wat Phra Sing, Chiang Mai, near Thae Pae Gate

WatPhraSingh2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-12-15 23:06:48 |Display all floors

Karen...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 00:05:14 |Display all floors

Jesus lost years (in Tibet) - St. Issa, their "Buddha"

http://www.tsl.org/masters/jesus/front.htm

The Lost Years of Jesus

Ancient scrolls reveal that Jesus spent seventeen years in the Orient. From age thirteen to age twenty-nine, he was both student and teacher.

The story of his pilgrimmage from Jerusalem to Benares was recorded by Brahmanistic historians.

Today they still know him and love him as St. Issa. Their 'buddha'.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-12-16 12:07 AM ]
Jesus lost years - 1.jpg
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 00:06:45 |Display all floors
I'm sure the Orthodox Church thought they had that book buried a long time ago," Richard Bock told me as he handed over a copy of The Unknown Life of Christ. His interest in the lost years of Jesus began with this travel diary recorded in 1887 by Nicolas Notovitch, a Russian doctor who journeyed extensively throughout Afghanistan, India, and Tibet.

Dick Bock took the same tour in 1975 and produced a documentary film on the lost years. It includes impressive testimony by John C. Trevor, director of the Dead Sea Scrolls Project, and a nuclear physicist named Ralph Graeber. But the most convincing evidence comes from a little Buddhist monk who appears halfway through the film.

"Lord Jesus..." The old man shows one particularly shiny tooth as he speaks. His voice is high, like a tiny child.

I remember the impact of seeing a character like that on camera. I looked at his dark face, his saffron robe, and all those grimacing gods with too many heads and arms and legs. And I wondered how such a man could whisper with so much reverence the holy name of Jesus.

"... Lord Jesus was in India during what are known as the lost years of Jesus," he reports.

Lost years? I called to mind the mimeographed chronology of my Sunday-school coloring book and marginal notes in a New Testament college text. He's right, I thought. The Bible records Jesus age twelve in the temple. Then age thirty at the river Jordan. That leaves eighteen years unaccounted for.

But in India? It was hard to imagine my carpenter-of-Nazareth Jesus bathing in the Ganges, for instance.

Sitting in the lotus posture. I pictured a country where over six hundred million people are still struggling to enter the twentieth century. (They ride painted elephants, don't they?) How can this strange little man possibly know whether Jesus Christ ever set foot in India?

"Lhasa." The monk describes inhospitable territory that is traversed by a solitary road leading to a Tibetan monastery. Here, he says, there are records originally written in the Pali language-"ancient scrolls," he explains, curling his blunt fingers as if to open the rigid parchment before my eyes.

"Near Srinigar in the Happy Valley of Kashmir we find the legend of an extraordinary saint known to the Buddhists as St. Issa," says the monk. "Events in the life of Issa closely resemble that of Jesus Christ, revealing what are thought to be the lost years of our Lord."

It was a surprise to me that Jesus could have spent half his life in the Orient. It was a surprise that I had never wondered where the Master was all that time. To me he was simply "about my Father's business," as Luke wrote.
Jesus lost years.jpg
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 00:07:55 |Display all floors
Documentary Evidence of Jesus' 17-Year Journey to the East

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Years ... dence/dp/091676687X

"The lost years of Jesus" provides evidence Jesus visited India during the lost years. 1894, Nicholas Notovich writes a book called "The unknown life of Jesus Christ". In the document Jesus name was Issa, a prophet from Israel. Issa was well acquainted with Buddhist theology. Max Muller wrote a book called "The sacred books of the East" calling Issa a fraud and pointing out that the Jews did not come to India until 35 A.D. It seems Notovich story came into doubt by the European scholars. Notovich claim he was near Gompa of Pintak when he fell from his horse and broke his leg. Notovich learns from the chief lama, they possess yellowed documents accounting for the lost years of Jesus. The chief lama produces two large bound volumes Notovich.

Verification of Notovich story was in doubt until Swami Abhednanda determined Notovich account was true. Abhednanda went to the Himi yogis of Tibet. Abhednanda has the two Tibetan Lama Documents translated into a book called "The life of Saint Issa: Best of the Sons of Man".

Legend holds the apostle Thomas established Christ church in India. In the Book, "The Indian Christians of St Thomas" by Leslie Brown suggest Thomas succeed in Christian conversion.

From the writings of Issa, he left his father house, a meeting place for the rich and noble, secretly and departed with a carvan of merchants to perfect himself in the divine word. Some of the places visited by Issa were: southest Pakistan, Juggernaut, the foothills of the Himilayas (Nepal), and returning back to Palestine at the age of 29.

Issa taught 1. too fear God and to bend the knee before him only 2. bring God offerings that proceed from gains 3. God comprehends all, the soul is indivisible, and God creates, contains, and vivifies all 4. God has existed since all eternity and will have no end 5. "The great creator has not shared his power with any living being, still less with inanimate objects, as they have taught to you; for he alone possesses omnipotence." 6. Man has dominion over the earth, waters, beast, and all that the creator created and God preserves his creations in immutable order. 7. God hates the sacrifice of human beings, for those who do honor to stones and metals. The heavenly law is opposed to the immolation of human sacrifices to an image or to an animal. All animals and all the earth contains is consecrated to man. 8. Worship not idols, listen not the Vedas, for their truth is counterfeit, never humiliate your neighbor. 9. Help the poor, support the weak, do ill to no one, and covet not that which thou have not and which thou seest belongeth to another. 10. Show love, kindness, and respect to your mothers and lives. 11. Works of love or piety should be done with an open heart and ones actions should not be governed by calculation or the hope of gain. Such action will not help to salvation and one will fall into a state of moral degradation, where theft, lying, and murder pass for generous deeds. 12. Remember the faith of your forefathers, which teaches patience on earth to obtain perfect and sublime happiness in heavan. 13. The law of Mose real meaning was not vengeance but mercy. The law of Mose has been perverted. 14. All things that are done without God are in error. 15. The judges found Issa innocent saying to Pilate, "We will not take upon our heads the great sin of condemning an innocent man and acquitting thieves. That would be against the law"
notovitch.jpg
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-16 00:14:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karenb at 2006-12-15 13:31
On of my favorite places to go in Thailand is the town of Chiang Mai in the north, and just outside the Tha Pae Gate of the old city, there is a little side road that has the Gecko Bookstore (selli ...

I see you spend quite a lot of time to search and try to meet your ego. The core thinking of your article is "my god is mightier than yours!"

You did this to justify and claim supremacy of your religion. That's the thinking of extremist and that's also why you have 2000 years of meaningless, unholy war, creating hell for those who don't share your view, mid-east is a fine example. You justify everything in the name of your god, including claim superiority among others. China has to be aware with people like you.

See that your god is just another enlightened Buddha? But he shameless enough to claim supremacy.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.