Author: chiaike

Beijing will not be Beijing if... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-6 14:40:56 |Display all floors
Old Beijing traditional culture is protected by government

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 06:24:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by harregarre at 2007-7-3 07:42
Hmm, in the Netherlands the old city is usually preserved because of this historical value. The only city that has no old center is Rotterdam. But that's only because the Germans utterly destroyed  ...

I KNOW that the prices of some quadrangles have really gone up and because of that, some residents just don't want to move out of their houses any more. There are now I think so much benifits living in HuTong and it is getting hot to OWN a property like that!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-7 06:41:40 |Display all floors
Beijing has lost too much of her original style for the accomendation of others...

Too many blond hairs and blue eyes. Too many houses purchased by rich ppl outside Beijing.

The city is demising...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-8 15:52:48 |Display all floors
whatever the old city-Beijing will develop into, the form of a morden Beijing can
never be at the expense of the anchient culrural heritage.
Beijing is not only the political capital of China, but also is the cultural capital if
China, bcuz there are lots of relics in Beijing which passed down by our ancester.
So presreving and succeeding should be balanced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-10 11:27:12 |Display all floors
lend me a camera , I will do it ,too
with road endless,hopes still exist

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 04:47:26 |Display all floors
Most  Chinese cities look the same, sadly...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-13 23:25:48 |Display all floors
not only Beijing,but also many cities in China,traditionalmemories are losing......

that is a pity for our ancestors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.