Author: chiaike

Beijing will not be Beijing if... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-8 22:27:53 |Display all floors
we can't keep beijing in cofffin always.... it's necessary and unavoidable for anything to move on and change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 00:53:55 |Display all floors
I really appreciate their spirit and effort.
They are the people who do stuff, not just say stuff.
salute to them!
Wanna change my avatar...
Why always showing "PRADA"?!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 10:53:19 |Display all floors
i am deeply distressed by this kind of destruction

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 12:26:47 |Display all floors
out with the old and in with the new...........

developement is the name of the game.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 20:22:05 |Display all floors
That is the price for change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 21:08:18 |Display all floors
Yeah,but it unavoidable,i think~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-25 21:55:17 |Display all floors
i think the best way to safeguard the traditional styled residences from disappearing in  beijing is to revive the traditional li ving principle. our ancestors always had the urge to place themselves in a natural enviroment in order to achieve mental harmony. what's more, they also hold fast a very strong family concept. based on those beliefs, they build up their lives, for instance, the one-floor walled dwelling houses with a square yard in the middle.  such a building style shows clearly the intimate relations between people and the nature. the walled yard can be used to protect others from peeking into our domestic affairs. in the meanwhile, it united the family members and kins together so that they can give their timly helping hand if any of them are in trouble or plight.
merely because those time-honored philosophy stop dominating our life, the traditioal hutong or siheyuan give their way to supermarket,  so if we have in mind to salvage those treasures of culture, we must first and formost embrace those living principle .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.