Author: skygor

Black People in America [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-13 11:57:51 |Display all floors
What about racism in China?  Oh wait, that's right... there is no racism in China.... everyone here is equal.  Try telling that to the number of blacks who come to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 12:19:22 |Display all floors

Reply #29 projeka's post

Tekvicious seems to be happy in China!

He is BLACK and Canadian!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 22:26:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2006-12-13 12:19
Tekvicious seems to be happy in China!

He is BLACK and Canadian!

Green DRagon

Who?

Anyway, I've heard about several incidences of racism against blacks here.  After all, this is a country where the lighter your skin is, the more beautiful you are.  One incident occurred in Shanghai at a university.  When black students started dating the local women, people freaked out and banned all blacks at that university from dating any Chinese women.  More recently, many schools will no hire blacks... part of the reason is because they're afraid they will have AIDS or HIV.  Another reason is because they're afraid the black teacher will school the children.  How do you explain these?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-13 23:18:39 |Display all floors

Reply #31 projeka's post

can't blame some of the more "health conscious" Shanghainese people, afterall, Amerikan Regime propaganda indicates 30% level infection of Black people in South Africa.

If Amerikan REgime is to be believed, it is also quite bad in the United STates, where are the reported 1 m infections are mostly blacks drug addicts...and we know that there is only 40 m blacks in Amerika!

I guess Shanghainese people are just being practical.

Amerikan REgime propaganda destroys many lifes!

arhhhhhhhh

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 14:51:46 |Display all floors
It's not only in Shanghai.  It's even here in Jiangxi Province.  And perhaps Africa is the hardest hit with AIDS and HIV in the world, but so aren't some places in Asia (mainly Thailand) and even closer to home (Henan Province).  What does China do about these people?  "No, you can't work here, you're from Henan."  I doubt it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-14 15:38:07 |Display all floors

Reply #33 projeka's post

Is Henan and Thai people has same 30% infection like Black Amerikans or South Africans?

wow!

As far as i know, Henan and Thai does not have that high infection...
and it is more difficult to differentiate a Henanese or Thai compare to a Black person!.....

I guess...this is all the information you provide me with...

I have no problem with Blacks...but they only come around my neighbourhood selling watches and leather wallets. No problem there.

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-15 11:27:28 |Display all floors
Greendragon... even if a teacher has HIV/AIDS, you do realize it can only be transferred through blood, right? The only way a student could logically get infected from an HIV-positive teacher would be if the student got a cut and the teacher also had a cut and was trying to help the student. It's possible, but not very likely. Sounds like the Shanghainese need some more education on the disease.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.