Author: sullivanlee

Stupid and arrogant Shanghai locals! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-24 10:15:30 |Display all floors

paradox

the more i get attacked in this forum .the more evident that i have disclosed the dirty side of shanghai locals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-24 11:58:48 |Display all floors

It's true that ~ money and origin of birth determine everything

Yup, i don't mean to diss anybody here, but what i heard the most friends' comments of Shanghai are~Negative!
Although, i've never been to Shanghai, i have to rights to comment whatever it is good or bad.
Ok, i have a sister who's Now working in Shanghai, well actually she's been there nearly a year. Without her friends around, i mean not the Ones she got met in Shanghai. In other words, probably she don't have friends in Shanghai, well maybe she calls her colleagus friends or whatever it is. However, i spoke to her many times on the phone with my asking why she don't like Shanghai people.....then her answer to me is they are so mean and think they Superior basically....and more ......you have to live in Shanghai for a certain time then you will know what i am say ( my sister said to me)......well i don't know cuz am never been to Shanghai...
I will bring myself there to feel whether the comments here are right or wrong, and then come back here to leave my comment again ok...
by the way, i don't think the people from Hong Kong are treated differently in a way like some said " unless you are from HK or Taiwan" ....no no....better tell people you're from the UK, the states..whatever English-speak countries................i mean it !!
cheers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-24 12:13:17 |Display all floors

voice of justice appears

Originally posted by clergy at 2006-11-24 11:58
Yup, i don't mean to diss anybody here, but what i heard the most friends' comments of Shanghai are~Negative!
Although, i've never been to Shanghai, i have to rights to comment whatever it is good ...

at last some one with sense of justice speaks loudly
May harmony prevail in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-24 12:15:19 |Display all floors

voice of justice appears

Originally posted by clergy at 2006-11-24 11:58
Although, i've never been to Shanghai, i have to rights to comment whatever it is good ...

at last some one with sense of justice speaks loudly
May harmony prevail in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 22:04:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by simplement at 2006-11-18 19:20
Stupid comments!!!

If you don't like the locals then go back to where you came from, thats my advice!

Have you ever thought that maybe the Shanghainese don't like you or the millions of non-S ...

Funny. If the comments were stupid, why did u response? It usually takes a person who is more stupid to do that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 22:13:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by simplement at 2006-11-19 23:41
Foolish sullivanlee!!!

Firstly i bet i have lived in Shanghai far longer than you! Secondly my fiance is from Shanghai and Thirdly i bet i have far more CHINESE friends than you do, who could ar ...

Calling another foolish shows how more foolish you are!

You  call yourself a full-fledged Shanghainese yet you are debasing your birth place with the manner of your replies. So rude & uncultured. No wonder others are commenting Shanghainese are this & that. It is precisely ppl like you who are the rotten apples of the city.

Mind your words & language. Speak your opinions with proper rebutting etiquette. Show how elegant you can be in handling unfair or negative criticisms.

Don't damage Shanghainese futher unless you know how to give your qualified views.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 11:12:07 |Display all floors

Let's promote harmony and respect for other people.

I am glad to see that  more and more peole are viewing this thread .
I have to make it clear that the exclusive purpose of this thread is to disclose the dirty side of the rude and arrogant people in this city who refuse any criticism.
I also have a dream that people in this country can treat each other really as brothers and sisters,to acknowledge that we are equal.Sounds like another Martin Luther King,sad for China where regional discrimination is so widespread.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.