Author: sullivanlee

Stupid and arrogant Shanghai locals! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-30 16:23:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by girlanna at 2008-10-30 15:56
Just

Forget about unfriendly people.... I have many friends all around the world and I think not most of the people in the world is friendly...but I have friends, that's enough ...

Yes, the ones love you or you loved are the most important people to you (us), we should not make everyone satisfied with us, or make everyone do things according to our satisfication. Only take it easy. Everything will be better. Try to find the good part of Shanghai people from another aspect, maybe you will find they are lovely and nice people. Don't lose your confidence in Shanghai people only because you have met someone in bad manner. Wish you good luck!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-18 08:47:24 |Display all floors
I donnot like shanghainese either.i cannot  say that all if them are annoying,but there are many at least so arrogant .but still shanghai is a very good place for people to work and live

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2008-11-18 09:48:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sullivanlee at 2006-11-16 10:38
I have come to this city for more than one year, i love this city ,it's so modern and fabulous ,with lots of great opportunities for people like me who want to "dig gold" here .
But i re ...

People from Shanghai are not Stupid, maybe a little arrogant....But they are better the people from other places in China....Shanghainese are the New Yorkers of China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-24 12:34:31 |Display all floors
sullivanlee , u really speak like idiot. About the communications issue you said. It's not Shanghai's problem.No one should expect local people to learn your culture and language. so it's always expat's responsibility to be more active to learn.and actually that's part of the purposes of their living in Shanghai (to experience more culture difference and to learn more). when we move overseas, Most of us do what you accuse expats of doing in China. most of us stay  together in our own little areas.  Eat Chinese food, form and join Chinese only clubs, have their own Chinese newspapers, live in mainly Chinese areas, Get out and communicate with others, Shanghainese are just like anyone one else,not a freaking monsters,they might be little arrogant. But if speak to them with your attitude,then u eat you own ----.

Ppl are right about about ya, you find out the down side, and missing your ownside.

[ Last edited by willhbunny at 2008-11-24 12:38 PM ]
Celine: Memories are wonderful things, if you don't have to deal with the past.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-13 12:09:45 |Display all floors

shanghai

sullivanlee, i do not disagree. my parents are shanghainese locals yet i've witnessed how some people there can be very obnoxious to even me (mostly the people who want you to buy stuff haha). however i live in america now, but when i visited there people didn't seem to treat me better because of me being a foreigner. i think they called me a xiang nian too. but i'm not sure ha. there were certainly super nice people though, including my family of course! i think it depends what part of shanghai you are at. many people i met were very well mannered and polite!

as for your problem with the language you can't understand. i can't speak the dialect but i can understand it. i think that's enough to get through. after you've lived there for a while, maybe you will start to understand it too. :)

[ Last edited by xiaomii at 2009-2-13 12:10 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.