Author: whampoa

Look, how the gweilos deal with their obesity ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-11 22:34:52 |Display all floors
Not to worry...Chinese are fast catching up. The only things keeping everyone thin (notice I said thin,not healthy) was lack of motorized vehicles and lack of nutrient rich foods in sufficient quantities.
As jobs and daily life change to become more sedentary....and the computer generation gets older...there will be fatties here like nowhere else. It's starting already.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-12 15:19:24 |Display all floors

I was a lot fatter too - came from America

I used to drink 16-20 liters of juice (orange, cranberry, apple, pineapple, grape) a week!  Unfortunately I did not realize that it had a lot of sugar in it.  I was always told you can't have too much juice.  I found out wrong.  I ballooned up and was very fat for about 8 years.  I was 137kg.  Now I am down to 97kg.  If I can get to 90kg then I would be very good.

I lost 40 kg by only doing 2 things.  
1) cut down on the amount of juices
2) Don't eat dinner after 5pm.  

I had read a lot of information about how if you go to bed after eating your body slows down and so all that food becomes fat.  So, I tried it.  No extra exercise and I lost all of that in a little over 1 year.

I still get tempted to eat after 5pm especially with all the good food here so it has been hard to go lower.

So, anyone who really needs to lose weight but can't exercise, try not taking in any food or drinks (except water) after 5pm.  

Good luck,

Markis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-13 10:20:50 |Display all floors
I'm always reminded by Chinese locals how "Chinese food is soooo healthy... Western food is soooo unhealthy" as if westerners only eat fast food.  But as for Chinese food being healthy: I find it is mostly untrue if you experience much of the "fine dining" in Nanchang... most things seemed to be fried in too much oil (oil that has been reused again and again).  Much of this restaurant food can't be more healthy than eating at any fast food restaurant in the West.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-16 15:28:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2007-10-13 10:20
I'm always reminded by Chinese locals how "Chinese food is soooo healthy... Western food is soooo unhealthy" as if westerners only eat fast food.  But as for Chinese food being healthy: I ...

so many places to choose....what a fool u be
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-16 15:29:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2007-9-25 06:11
So what do we call Chinese folks....chinglos? Seriously....there are more and more obese people in China these days too....I know, I live here and see it daily! No need to insult a nation because o ...

We don't insult!!!

it is yr own ambulance men who told thier side of the tru stories
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-20 09:25:35 |Display all floors

Reply #39 caringhk's post

So many places to eat?  Perhaps.  Any kind of variation in restaurants?  Hmmm... not really.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-25 01:00:58 |Display all floors
It does not matter what you eat; if you do not exercise and eat alot, you will get fat. Genetics of different groups does play a part, as some people handle a high fat diet differently.... but regardless, exercise is the key to a healthy life. We all need more balance and moderation in our lives.

The fast food corporations have high fat contents and sugars because they are addictive...and addicted fat customers are return customers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.