Author: audreyxu

Should our law allow polygamy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-27 10:45:26 |Display all floors

It is leagal

Originally posted by audreyxu at 2006-10-26 07:40
I'm wondering why everyone only allowed to marry one? it's their personal affair, why the law ruled that everyone only should have one husband or wife?

in some state of America to have more than one wives.
Same as China not too long ago.
Ironically,  I heard some law-makers in China practise polygamy secretly.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-27 10:59:52 |Display all floors
well, though in china...its monogamy....but we all know tht those married men still have few mistresses out of the marriage..so there is no difference from polygamy....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-27 11:26:32 |Display all floors
the men that have a few mistresses out of their marriages are still the minority...! this group of men live a somewhat 'miserable' life as they've got to cheat on their wives, racking their brains...! quarrels follow after being caught in bed with their mistresses by the sorehead wives, and then fight, and their relations finally end up in court...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-27 11:31:53 |Display all floors
I think monogamy is too much a part of most cultures on earth for polygamy to be made legal. Within some marriages, couples may agree to such a thing, and that's fine; as long as there's a mutual understanding, who can argue? But can you imagine the possible mixed messages--an old-fashioned woman or man getting into a marriage, hoping to spend the rest of her/his life devoted to a devoted partner, just to realize that the spouse wants to add a second or third wife/husband? Yikes!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-27 11:43:07 |Display all floors
but how many couples can reach a mutual understanding that allows one party of the marriage to have a second or third wife...! it's in no way an easy thing to do as long as those marriage-related feelings are involved in their relations...! however some exceptions do exist for those couples whose marriges are money oriented..., !!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-27 12:54:19 |Display all floors

Which?

Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-10-26 20:21
in arabic countries...a man can have 7 wives....

Please tell, in exactly which "Arabic" countries can a man have 7 wives?

Islamic law would allow 4 wives (IF you are rich enough to treat all 4 well and equally), but there is only one Islamic state in the world (two if you count Iran).
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-27 13:40:16 |Display all floors
well..not sure where i read it..but its like seven wives..

anyways..not just in islamic..in mormon church....they practise polygamy too...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.