Author: whampoa

THE SECRET WORLD OF THE NET [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-9 13:32:34 |Display all floors

The dangerous place of the world

Originally posted by whampoa at 2006-10-8 17:50
The secret world of the net

Online networking is taking over the social lives of children. It's fun, cheap and easy, and most adults haven't a clue about it. But they ne ...

After reading the story you posted, i am sure what my decision on children's chatting online is right. my daughter is in primary school, she wants me several times to open a QQ account for her, as most of her classmate have got one(that is true, qq is quite popular among the middle school students), each tiem i refuse her requirement, i never think it is useful or necessary to the students, and they have had other modern tools, like cell phone, mp3, all of which have made effection to their study. another reason why i dont let her to be chatting online, being a teenager, they dont have ability of judgment, also they lack of control of themself,so,in my opioin, keep our child from internet.

[ Last edited by janezhang88 at 2006-10-9 01:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-14 10:15:13 |Display all floors
Funny how this thread died when no one disagreed with whampoa, isn't it? It's almost like she's looking for conflict instead of agreement and compromise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 09:37:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janezhang88 at 2006-10-9 13:32

After reading the story you posted, i am sure what my decision on children's chatting online is right. my daughter is in primary school, she wants me several times to open a QQ account for her, a ...

I agree with you janezhang that

"another reason why i dont let her to be chatting online, being a teenager, they dont have ability of judgment, also they lack of control of themself,so,in my opioin, keep our child from internet."

This is very true about young children.  In some cases, children have to use the internet to do their school work.  This happens to my brothers' children.  What they do is that their kids have to seek permission before they use the computer.  The computer is placed in the living room so that the parents can watch over them when they do their homework.

There is also a way parents can check on the sites the children access from the computer.

Yes, the internet does have its usefulness but it also has its dangers.

It's good whampoa shares this with us.  There is another which she warned all parents to note.  I hope she can share that with us too.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 09:41:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-10-14 10:15
Funny how this thread died when no one disagreed with whampoa, isn't it? It's almost like she's looking for conflict instead of agreement and compromise.

Looking for conflict ?

What is that supposed to mean ?  You are not look for a fight here, are you ?

Yeah, I know you're one of those trolls who tried to stop whampoa's Window to the West ?

I just wonder what your purpose is all about ?

I, for sure, won't read or listen to people like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 09:50:44 |Display all floors
By responding, you've already read and listened to me. Whoops!

I'm not looking for a fight. In fact, it's nice and quiet when whampy's not around. It lets me rebuild my general opinion of the people on this forum for a few days. But I did notice that unlike most of whampy's threads, tmpght and I actually agreed with this one and told her so, and she didn't post anything else after that. Normally we disagree with her, and she goes on and on and on, provoking attacks and calling names between articles. If that's not looking for conflict, I don't know what is. So if she shuts up when others agree with her, I can only assume she wants to fight.

PS--What is my purpose all about? I don't know; do I need to have a purpose to write here? I write what I think. Do you have a purpose here? If so, what is it?

[ Last edited by sockmonkey at 2006-10-15 09:52 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 10:12:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-10-15 09:50
By responding, you've already read and listened to me. Whoops!

I'm not looking for a fight. In fact, it's nice and quiet when whampy's not around. It lets me rebuild my general opinion of the p ...

You are a pretty abrasive girl.  I know I won't win a fight with you.

You say all you can.

When I say I "won't read or listen", I mean I won't buy your nonsense which has no context and no substance ..... just "attack" and say "you're everything".

XXX

ps: I won't waste any more words with you .... and I am entitled to my views.  Have decency.

[ Last edited by immouse at 2006-10-15 10:13 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 10:18:01 |Display all floors
"just "attack" and say "you're everything"."

Er... what does that mean?

You're entitled to your views, of course, as I'm entitled to mine. I'll be decent to you if you're decent to me, but accusing me of posting substanceless nonsense isn't a good way to start.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.