Author: aquitaine

Can anyone explain something to me........ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-29 19:56:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aquitaine at 2006-8-23 09:27
Why is there so much domestic violence in China?

domestic violence?much?
i wonder whether you said was true or false.
i don't see there is much....
if there is,pls give me more examples pls?will you?
I wish everyone healthy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 20:17:24 |Display all floors
ask those living in the west for some useful inputs... domestic violence used to be a big headache in the west

where the 'problem' has been brought under basic control...!!! those from the west, please share with us

yr views on the issue!!!...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 22:41:09 |Display all floors
I've never known anyone personally who was going through domestic violence, but I know a lot more efforts have been made to stop such a thing. At doctors' offices, there are pamphlets about what to do if someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, or if you yourself are a victim. There are hotlines you can call, and there are ads on TV along the lines of "End the silence, stop the violence." I think it's still a problem, but not as much of one as it used to be. China seems to be a few steps behind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-29 22:51:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-8-29 22:41
I've never known anyone personally who was going through domestic violence, but I know a lot more efforts have been made to stop such a thing. At doctors' offices, there are pamphlets about what to ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-4 13:11:45 |Display all floors
Chinese people live by this philosophy, "don't fix what isn't broken."  If once they admit that there is a problem, they will be seen as weak and lose face. This is why China has so many problems that don't become addressed. The don't believe that there is a problem because everything is hidden. In America, there are very few things that are hidden. The news reports a lot more about real life things.  Since these topics are out in the open in America, it is very easy for Chinese people to see our issues but they won't face theirs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-6 16:21:59 |Display all floors
Citizens'  awareness of law is weak,and they deal with something that seems usual by violence

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-6 17:32:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by aquitaine at 2006-8-23 09:27
Why is there so much domestic violence in China?

as long as it is a domestic or home affairs, why bother??/

They are to sort it out themselves with the help of elders if necessary!!!

This is the WAY of CHINA!!!

There is No NEED for laws!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.