Author: hidenseek

Is Chinas smoking culture attractive? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-24 13:35:28 |Display all floors
The tobacco companies are SOE's, and they make a lot of money too. As long as they continue to be SOE's and not private organizations, the government will do nothing to curb smoking (even then it is a big if).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 03:38:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-8-23 00:22

As long as the smokers do not harm others as a result of their action, I have no problem with them at all. In other words, they want to smoke and endanger their own lives, well, they are adults ...

we all know smoking kills... is there anything in life that doesn't, in one way or another lead to death? With the knowledge that many people leading a healthy life die young anyway, what's the point... I don't believe it's a decision not to die of cancer, it's all chance.

Cancer is a degenerative disease. We get cancer because our immune system's failure...

I know all about carcinogens but almost everything is a carcinogen right?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 07:05:20 |Display all floors

To get lung cancer

you must have a certain dormant cell in your lungs that tobacco triggers to get lung cancer, i believe its called a oxicell . If you dont have the cell you can smoke till your blue and you wont get lung cancer. Problem is their is no way of knowing if you have this cell until its too late.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-27 16:07:31 |Display all floors

I do not like smoking.

It's better for a tobacco-free world to exist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-17 13:48:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hidenseek at 2006-8-22 09:13
In mainland China you can basicallly smoke anywhere almost.  Its expected that if your guest in your home smokes then you are to give them an ashtray and allow them to smoke even when you dont.
It ...

first , all my family member hate smoking , so I never taste it .
I do not mind my friend smoke ,but if you do it , please keep away from me . I do need your respect .
I hate some one smoke in my face .

I know HongKong do a good job at this point . they set up a little place for smoker ....
so , the air is very fresh ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-17 13:49:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-17 14:01:39 |Display all floors

I am a heavy smoking-gun

I never have smoking in three places:

these are rules for me.

1.in the street not smoking.
2.Facing guests or ladies not smoking (except of close friends)
3.when working not smoking
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.