Views: 5958|Replies: 32

Why foreigners can't cope with Chinese girls [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-20 17:55:27 |Display all floors
I like this it is from http://www.talktalkchina.com/index.php/2006/03/20/pdas-part-2

I have seen this myself too but most westerners just couldn't do the grabbing bit, it's improper. So the Chinese girl would be disappointed. A good example of cultural obstacles to harmonious relationships.

"I never cease to be amazed at the number of domestic arguments you see on the streets in China. Walking to and from work, I pass by a major subway station and would see close to one every day. They invariably go something like this:

1. Young couple are bickering on street side.

2. Girl gets teary, pouts, crosses her arms, and turns her back on Guy, ignoring him. This is the Pouty Chinese Girl Routine. If you’ve ever been out with a Chinese girl, you know EXACTLY how this works. If you are a foreigner, you do not proceed to step 3 and it all stops right here.

3. Guy gets very red in the face and slightly sweaty, and speaks intensely but very closely to Girl. He forcibly grabs her shoulder and tries to turn her around. This is the Huffy Chinese Guy Routine. Sometimes the force used by the guy can get a bit rough - certainly more than you could use on the street in the West without being set on by about 6 chivalrous passers-by. But in China no one ever seems to intervene in these situations.

4. Girl breaks free and starts walking away from Guy, but she is sure to walk slowly enough that he can catch up with her.

5. Guy stands there slightly nonplussed, shaking his head and looking the other way, maybe gets out his phone and has a bit of a play. He acts like he is not going to follow Girl.

6. Guy follows Girl.

7. Go back to 1 and repeat."
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-20 19:35:03 |Display all floors

Ah well ...

My relationship is going very well so I usually don't worry about what other people are doing :)
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-20 20:27:08 |Display all floors

Hot Summer nights...

panda,

I witnessed exactly what you describe outside Shenyang train station, last week.

The high-pitched squawking of the Chinese girl attracted my attention. However, her Chinese beau did
not have sufficient strength to move her once she dropped anchor.

I think these sporadic explosions are symptomatic of a patriarchal country where women are decidely
second class citizens, and just store up their frustration until it boils over into a serious strop.

It's also typical that the Chinese boyfriend in these situations almost always sees it as a test
of his authority (in public, too) and tries strong-arm tactics to enforce his will.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-20 22:03:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 8-20-2006 17:55
I like this it is from http://www.talktalkchina.com/index.php/2006/03/20/pdas-part-2

I have seen this myself too but most westerners just couldn't do the grabbing bit, it's improper.  ...

so hilarious...i seen one couple today (or was it yesterday) doing this...and i seen one every few days as well.  dunno if it happens more in China than the US or not, but i certainly notice it more in China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-20 22:26:07 |Display all floors
why did u say "foreigners"?
it also happens to the chinese guys
very normal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-20 23:06:58 |Display all floors
well...just bad attitude...if she wants to walk away..then do it...i wont follow her...gee...i have my stuff to do..if u dont like..then piss off...simple like that...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-21 10:44:53 |Display all floors

Because

I said "foreigners" because Chinese guys know how to handle it better, non-Chinese will not have a clue so they will lose the girl; that was my point.

I don't think it is about Chinese girls feeling repressed. I think it's more like she wants a scene like in a TV drama, she wants the boy to chase her and grab her, she is testing her power over him. Couldn't it be like that?
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.