Author: freakyqi

How often do you bite your tongue/cheek/lip? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-12 19:51:59 |Display all floors
as usual as me! ha.....it's something unimportant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 19:50:41 |Display all floors
2or 3 times a month, i guess.

Freakyqi, do you know a Chinese saying which goes like this, 馋咬舌头饿咬腮?  It  vaguely means you may bite your cheeks while you are eating something esp you are deadly  hungry. And you may bite your own tongue during your eating when you are so greedy about some favourite food and you haven't tried them for decades.
I bited my cheeks tonight, oh, so painful. i was very hungry then. See? The saying is so magical. When you are eating some gluttonous food, be cautious

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-20 23:42:58 |Display all floors
Ha, someone found my old thread! How fun!

Originally posted by destiny326 at 2007-4-11 14:32
Freakyqi's curious makes me more curious
Does  biting oneself lip or tongue only happen in eating?

No, not only while eating. It can also be a habit to lightly bite the inside of your cheeks for no reason at all... actually it is very easy to get dead skin off the inside of your cheeks, and if there is a small piece of skin there (from biting by accident or some other reason) it's common for people to bite it further on purpose, as a little habit. (like biting fingernails, or chewing gum, or always bouncing your leg really fast, or weird little habits like that)

As far as painful biting goes... you could also bite by accident during sports, or if you fall or something.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-21 01:04:37 |Display all floors
anyway its not my habit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.