Author: a__lucky_boy

How do Chinese study English? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-14 19:36:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-8-13 22:15

...CHRIS-K - Ha... I learned zher from the beginning, so I've never said zhe'er ...

from the beginning That reminds me of the boy I tutored.

When I first saw his textbook, I found that er everywhere: zhe'r, na'r, xiang pi'r, ben'r, ren'r......... Well, zhe'r and na'r are OK but GOD I really wasn't feeling comfortable saying other ers For god's sake, I seldom say xiang pi'r (-_-)

Then I began to ask why was the book like that ?! I turned to the first page and --- I knwe it! It's a textbook from a Beijing primary school! So I told him it's Beijing dialect and we decided to forget about those ers which made both of us happy ( since I seldom speak in that way and he finds it difficult to speak in that way)

Even programmes of CCTV teaching Chinese are full of ers (-_-) I guess that's because CCTV is in Beijing = = One of my classmates could soon be classified to Beijingese for those ers she uses
宠辱不惊,闲看庭前,花开花落;
去留无意,漫随天外,云卷云舒。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 02:33:36 |Display all floors
so funny. haha.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 03:16:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chris-k at 2006-8-14 19:36

from the beginning That reminds me of the boy I tutored.

When I first saw his textbook, I found that er everywhere: zhe'r, na'r, xiang pi'r, ben'r, ren'r........ ...

What are xiangpi'r, ben'r, and ren'r? Could you type the hanzi for me and/or tell me what they mean? Ben like 本?

I learned zher & nar, and kongr 空儿, but I think that's it for er's. Is kongr only in Beijing or should that one be everywhere?

现在我没有空儿儿儿儿。
再见!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 23:38:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-8-16 03:16

What are xiangpi'r and ren'r?

橡皮(eraser) and 人(human being)
wait, they should be 橡皮儿 and 人儿
Ben like 本?

Bingo
I learned zher & nar, and kongr...

zher is OK, so is nar. But kongr ?! God, I can't speak it out with that er! = =
How did you do that? I even never hear a kong that ends with an er (-_-)
You hear the Beijingese say that? Oh, it's really amazing = = guess I can never do that = =
...only in Beijing or should that one be everywhere?

Not only in Beijing but definitely they like er
Mostly, er is common in the Northeast.
宠辱不惊,闲看庭前,花开花落;
去留无意,漫随天外,云卷云舒。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.