Author: sweetgirl

What nail color you prefer? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-3 22:42:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sweetgirl at 2006-8-3 15:53

Right i heart that not keep nail color on ur nail too long or they will not be healthy and turn soft and yellow...

thats very true!

cos your real nails are covered under the gel/fake nails...though they look so nice..colorful..but really it does no good to ur natural nails...i talk from my experience..though i will get gel nails done when summer comes...ahaha.. i just cant say NO to it during summer..ahahah
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-3 23:10:44 |Display all floors

none anymore

When I was young I used to do all kind of things to my nails. I let them grow long and painted tiny pictures on them. But it is true that keeping them always with nail polish will weaken them. I've seen it happen to mine. They need air. It's ok to do them for a special occasion, or even weekends, but take it off in a couple days and mostly leave them natural as much as possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-3 23:12:39 |Display all floors
yea..i agree with freakyqi...my nails are still pretty soft....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-3 23:21:33 |Display all floors
I'm not sure, but I think it takes about 3 months for nails to completely grow out. Once the damage is done, they will not repair themselves much, you just have to wait until they grow out, like hair.

If you can wait 3 months with nothing on your nails SA, you will have beautiful strong nails!!!

Don't do your nails just to look pretty for guys, most of them couldn't care less if you're wearing nail polish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-3 23:23:31 |Display all floors
I have used nail polish all the time for 3-4 years. I have a couple of colours, transparent, white, pink and rose. Most of them is pink, all kinds of pink. On Spring Festival, I would use the rose colour. My nails  are getting fragile. They say that rubbing garlic onto your nails helps them shine and recover, you may rub garlic onto your nails and then wash your hands to get rid of the odor. I haven't tried though.:) But I will try because I will have to cook.....:)

[ Last edited by wannabedumb at 2006-8-3 11:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-3 23:26:30 |Display all floors
freakyqi..it takes longer time for my nails to get back to where it was...cos i have had gel nails for 8-10 mhts....they look bit strange still...hopefully it will get healthy later on..

seripusly..i like those paintings on nails...they look nice..not really for guys..for myself...somehow..i dont care wat guys see me..cos after all..they think i can be bit too much to maintain..ahah

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 10:57:14 |Display all floors
It won't take any longer. Did you ever have a mark on your nail, like a little dent or white spot, somewhere low, close to your finger? And you notice over time it moves up until it gets to the top where the white part of your nail is, where it doesn't touch skin anymore? Well, if you do nothing to your nails for 3 months or so (hey that's that "lust" amount of time!) the part that's along the cuticle will be up where the white part is, and all that nail will be new, not damaged anymore.

So it doesn't matter if you damaged your nails for a year or you put a little cut in it that took 2 seconds - whatever the damage is, it will take 3 months to grow out, like coloring your hair, you can't undo the damage, you have to wait until new stuff grows.

:)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.