Author: frothow

American blacks destroy town after town . [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-9 20:43:45 |Display all floors

maybe black and white dont attract but repel each other

could it be possible that if black were given their own place in america, where there are no white, that they might create a better place for themselves. JUST ASKING.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-10 18:53:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reyquer at 9-8-2006 12:43
could it be possible that if black were given their own place in america, where there are no white, that they might create a better place for themselves. JUST ASKING.

it has been tried and tested. When there was segregation in america it only created greater tension between the different races. Its up to the younger generation to make the difference
"People all over the world join hands"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-10 19:02:51 |Display all floors
freakyqi The person is my avatar is Justin Yap. He was a jamaican record producer

I knew a Sean Yap when I lived in Vancouver for a bit and he was part Hong Kong and Jamiacan or something like that. I wonder if this dude is related with him as the resemblance is amazingly mirror-like.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 16:03:43 |Display all floors
In the 1st part of the last century, the Chinese minister of finance was a black man I believe.

Anyway, Flotsam, you have finally said something true. Often American blacks have rejected a solution or possible solution on the simple grounds that oit was presented by someone of heritage other than African.
This is present everywhere. I can't even suggest how fix a production problem in China, because my company is too small, or I am a Lao Wai...or better yet, a dark laowai.
This silly pride however, is compounded by the injustices that had been heaped upon the black americans. The wounds are not even closed. You look at the way that southerners (white or black) view the northerners. There is a lot of hurt and an inability to get over the Civil war. That was a LONG,LONG time ago! Chinese and Japanese thing? Long time ago.
Civil Rights movement? not that long ago by comparison.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-11 16:45:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-13 22:33:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frothow at 2006-7-20 07:34
Brockton a prosperous city in america in the past started low income housing (bad decision)and then the blacks invaded it and crime
and poverty is now rampid in brockton becouse of the black invas ...

oh pipe down for gods sake. People of all races commit crimes. But I must admit, I'm a black american girl and I feel like the bad blacks are giving the
good blacks like me a bad name. But still, you don't have to be racist against blacks. Honestly, people of all races commit crimes, and you know, way
back in history when there was still slavery, a lot of whites accused black men of raping white girls, but later evidence sometimes showed that a white
man had raped a white girl, but the blacks were still convicted all because of those idiotic white supremacist juries. So while some blacks are bad, other
races are not as great as they seem. Oh, and just so you know, I don't hold a grudge against whites for what their dead relatives did to blacks in the past.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 00:22:29 |Display all floors
oh yes, black people are  overrepresented in criminal justice system. And there is the problem of over policing.

And people do make assumptions due to historical reasons. That is the reason why police think when there is a black person involved in a crime, it is likely to be drug related or gangs involved.

and media creates moral panic, after some high profile cases concerning institutional racism in the UK, legislations are made  in an attempt to promote social cohesion. I do think it is important to enforce the legislations vigorously  to change people's assumptions.

And now what happens, people are complaining it is too excessive. Catch 22.

it amuses me  how  governments can always be blamed, and we are still blaming them. hehe

[ Last edited by amelieuk at 2007-5-14 03:16 AM ]
You can have the best of the east and the west.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.