Author: bo_chen

chinese Education ,good or bad ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-18 18:23:03 |Display all floors
I think NMET is like war.everybody wants to live.but as we know,there must be some victims.so now we try our best to live or live a much better life.although we stay up late everyday,nobody complain. whatever the result is,we are all winner.we cant choosethe principle of education .so we must adapt the principle .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 18:26:17 |Display all floors
there is no an absolute answer yes or no to this educaiton question...i somehow think it is not a bad idea to practise all the time..and i do believe practise makes perfect..however..the educaiton system in china makes students just a machine..they are not creative...you rarely see chinese studnets have critical thinking in china..cos they are jsut 'murdured' by the rigid and stupid system there...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 18:27:36 |Display all floors
if one do not join NMET,he or she is free .
I am a beginner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 10:49:54 |Display all floors
it is bad ,but it is a necessity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 11:18:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-7-18 18:08
well..there are not many top schools in shanghai...if you get into a just ok school..there is low chance for u to get into a good uni...the whole problem is there are too many students, but not eno ...

xi..if that is true about the status of shanghai,so to speak,there must be fewer relatively good universities in guangdong province...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 11:30:38 |Display all floors
What's really stupid and unfair in Chinese school system is these selective high schools that have a concentration of the top-quality students. These schools no matter how they managed or the teachers provide the schooling toward the kids will continue to be in the top list. This is a complete unfairness to the other schools as their best students all migrate to that best regional high school. A schools excellence should be measured by how they can take an average student and transform it into a great student with high merits. If there is this fixed cycle then the other schools would just be training students to be recruited to that particular regional No.1 high school. This in turns brings no motivation to reform and stimulates no competition between schools and lack of spirit and pride for the students in these 'runner-up' schools.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 11:44:14 |Display all floors
my little cousin--a 9 and a half year old boy,is now studying in the primary school...what i have been seeing about him is to study,study and study...he alway has endless assignment for study....sometimes i do feel students are such pathetic makind....i think in their age like my little cousin,they should be given all time of their onw...they should have time for entertainment...

-----

but i do see something promising ...and i am glad to see that my little cousin loves study..here...i mean...he loves going to school because he can play with his friends there..otherwise he would feel too much oppressed and lonely staying home alone....he is a bookworm...he loves reading all kinds of books that is healthy and conducive to mankind...i think he is certainly great in his age..he has read many chinese works...including the four famous work that is considered of hign literature value and achievement...he told me that he can not only deprive wisdom and knowledge in books,but also he can have access to know more about the author...to know about our chinese culture,,,

haha...maybe he has been too mature mentally....

but i forgot to tell him that he should read foreign books as well....

for those who can adapt theirselves to the status quo of the educational system and can remain creative and foward-looking all the time,it is not a bad thing,and here let me refer to a line of poem that is known to you all..."lotus is from the muddy water,touched by it,yet unstained."  if we can remain unstained,look at it on the bright side,don't be so petty and picky to find fault with it all the time,and take advantage of it and make full use of it,don't blindly criticize it without paying attention to its goodness and without contributing to its advancement and reform,it is fairly possible that we can definitely obtain remarkable achievement dispite however good or bad it is and wherever we are.just bear in mind that we are in control of our own fate...and we are,in some sense,responsible for its develoment...

now ,my dear fellows,let's stop being blindly criticize it and let's folster a lenient heart and be broad-minded,let's strive to change the status of our education...

[ Last edited by ivyfantasy at 2006-7-20 11:45 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.