Author: beijinggirl

travel to USA [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-23 09:14:48 |Display all floors
Why won't you bring your daughter? It sounds like because you are afraid of the violence in movies. Don't be afraid!!! Don't believe everything you see or hear on TV or from people. I live here, I can tell you most Americans are normal people who want the best for their children, and who will help you if you need it.

Are you gone yet? Why are you going? Please keep your mind open, and your heart open, and talk to people you meet! If you do, you will be pleasantly surprised!

Good luck, have fun, smile!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 10:00:20 |Display all floors

nice person

Hi Freakyqi:P

Maybe one day on the street you would meet one people who once talk to you on line
from your passinal and hot encouragement , you would earn a lot for your country's trip  tips , haha
all in all , thank you for your kindly  clarification , it seems nice and yearning

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 12:26:54 |Display all floors
I have traveled to 47 of the 50 states.  Yes there are bad people just like anywhere else on this planet.  The crime rate in the large cities are higher than the smaller towns.  The larger cities also have a higher percentage of minorities-you can draw your own conclusions.  The crimes that we worry about most really happens mostly among themselves.  That is not to say they don't venture out of the ghetto to violate us because they do.  With freedom comes crime.  You will enjoy San Francisco.  It takes five days driving an average of 8 hours a datyto reach Washington DC, so you really don't have the time.  San Francisco to Los Angeles is about 7 hours driving time at an average speed of 120 km.  My advice is travel in the daytime and stay in the tourist areas only don't venture away, otherwise you may pay.  Sad but true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 18:43:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beijinggirl at 2006-7-11 13:44
Is there anyone who has traveled USA? We are planning to travel USA in August or September. Our plans are like from San Francisco to Washington we will cross some states. If you have the experience ...

BLACK OR WHITE, IF THEY LOOK AT YR BACKSIDES, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! RUN!!! THIS IS TYPICAL OF THEM!!!  

GO IN A BIG GROUP OR WITH SOME FRIENDS!!!
PROTECTION IN NUMBERS!!!

IF YOU NEED, I CAN RECOMMEND  :)  SOME FRIENDS IN USA YOU CAN CHAT/CHECK WITH !!! THEY ARE CHINESE OR ONE OF THEM IS!!!

YOU COULD ALSO ASK THUNDERBIRD FOR ADVISE(SINCE CANADA IS BORDER TO USA)  

CHEERS.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 19:21:12 |Display all floors

Oh dear ...

Originally posted by beijinggirl at 18-7-2006 02:01 AM
guess American movies are too violent ...drugs.. I am just alittle afraid

Try to remember: movies are not the real world!
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-27 19:34:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beijinggirl at 2006-7-18 10:01
I am very appreciate about u guys help. to be honest I do not have any clue about USA. what I need I think just buy a book and mark some places that are famous like GREAT CANYON National Park ect.  ...

THERE ARE THING AMERICANS CAN'T CONTROL!!!

LIKE GUNS WHERE KIDS/ADULTS GUN DOWN STUDENTS/TEACHERS/PUBLIC....

DRUGS/GRASS FREE FLOWING LIKE BEERS!!!

SEX BOMBS ALL OVER.....

SURE THEY HAVE SYSTEMS BUT NOT THE BEST LIKE HUMAN EYES/WARMTH!!!

CHEERS!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-28 10:55:25 |Display all floors
I'd agree with previous commentators--the US is not like what you'd see in the movies! And crime--well, there's crime in every major city, no matter what country you're in. To avoid it, look confident and assertive; if you don't look like an easy victim, you won't be targeted. I lived in the western part of Philadelphia, a notorious bad part of town, for 3+ years and never had a problem with crime.

San Francisco will be fun if you go! Washington DC is nice, as is Philadelphia (there are wonderful places to eat and some very interesting areas). New York City isn't my favorite place, but I think it's good to visit if you're in the area. Also, be sure to go to somewhere aside from cities. The Grand Canyon would be great, or northern New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, maybe Massachusetts).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.