Views: 9753|Replies: 32

Does marriage last between a chinese and a westerner? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-4 12:16:50 |Display all floors
Culture differences are the main issues in cross-nation marriges.  Will couples overcome the culture differences after the heat of the passion of love?  How long will the marriage last?  Any good examples?  Love to hear both negative and positive opinions?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 12:48:14 |Display all floors

that depends on different individuals

here are some successful cases:
1. Qiu Fazu(裘法祖) and his wife Luo yi(罗懿 ) from germany  have been getting along for more than 60 years;
2. Chen Xiangmei(陈香梅Anna) and her America husband Chen Nade(陈纳德ClaireLeeChennault)
3. In the movie On the Other Side of the Bridge (2002)(芬妮的微笑), Ma Yunlong's wife was an Austrian. Actually, this is a real story.
Of course, there are probably more aborted examples.
Generally speaking, a permanent marriage is tied in with loving, believing, understanding and respecting mutually.

[ Last edited by tempax at 2006-7-4 12:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 12:55:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiao-meow at 7-4-2006 12:46
I would be like "STOP SLURPING YOUR FOOD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!"

haha...you coudn't take being witha  chinese guy.

what about chinese friends that are female?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-5 10:33:36 |Display all floors
One of my favorite professors is American and has been married to a Chinese woman for many years. Such is the case with a number of professors in my major department.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-5 10:34:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by crymeariver at 2006-7-4 12:16
Culture differences are the main issues in cross-nation marriges.  Will couples overcome the culture differences after the heat of the passion of love?  How long will the marriage last?  Any good e ...

it does last..., but it's hard to tell how long! maybe two days, two months, two years, and some dose what they can in the hope that their marriage last for more than two hundred years.....,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-5 10:36:23 |Display all floors
I think this type of marriage does last, work!

However, both parties need to understand the difference between two cultures, and accept the difference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-5 15:52:44 |Display all floors

Reply #10 oriana1's post

I agree, understanding ,accept ,respect!!

workable

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.