Post time 2006-7-8 20:42:31 |Display all floors
why anti-west?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 10:43:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 2006-6-30 10:47

l just hit 1000 credits!

do l get anything special?

A kiss on the cheek from me!

Should westerners not vote? Maybe I'll vote against us...

Ok, I didn't vote. I just wanted to congratulate Otis.
kiss.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-9 16:18:19 |Display all floors

thanks freaky and welcome back

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-7-9 10:43

l hope life in the wicked west is treating you well...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-10 03:23:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-7-9 10:43

Yeah, anyone who see a "submit" button can press it;-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-10 10:44:12 |Display all floors

the wicked west rant....

Originally posted by otis22 at 2006-7-9 16:18

l hope life in the wicked west is treating you well...

Ah yes, of course it is. Twenty kinds of potato chips to choose from, a whole aisle of cereal, must be 100 kinds.... and how convenient!... my cable TV company offers internet access at a BARGAIN rate if I buy the package deal! But what if I don't want the package? What if I only want internet and the basic 7 TV channels? "Sure ma'am, we can do that, but it's going to be more... and for only $14.99 more you can get ALL THESE CHANNELS!!!! HBO, HBO2, HBO3, ESPN, ESPN2, MTV, MTV2.../"

"I don't watch those."
"Well what do you watch, movies? We have... "
"No, I rent movies when I want to watch them."
"Well do you have any children?"
"Yes, but-- ."
"Well then surely you want Nickelodeon and Discovery Channel, and---"
"He's 15. I just want the regular channels"
"Well even with an antenna on your roof you'll need cable to get good reception, and it's almost the same price anyway.."
"Well , listen, if you were giving me cable & internet for $90, and you're saying the cable alone is $60, then the internet must be $30, right? I want the $30 internet."
"No, it doesn't work that way, internet is $60."
"You just said cable was $60, they can't both be 60, I was paying 90"
"you were getting a deal"
"Oh was I? Well is there a deal for people who only want the bare minimun or can't afford $90 a month just to watch 3 hours of TV a month and check their email? Forget it all, I dont' want anything."
"You don't want anything?"
"May I ask what provider you'll be switching to? Maybe we could work something out."
"No, I mean I don't want any TV at all."

....... pause..... looking at sheet of canned responses to give customers when they are dissident.....
..... no response for that....

"... so you just want everything shut off?"
"Yes."
"Ok, your next billing cycle starts tomorrow, shall I schedule your cutoff for the end of next month? This next bill you get will be your last and you'll still have it for a month."
"My next cycle starts tomorrow? Then cut it off today so I won't get any more bills."
"Are you sure you don't want to finish out the month?"
"Well, yeah, THIS month, which ends today or tomorrow or whatever, that's perfect, shut it off right now. I don't want any more bills"
"Ok."

That was real, to the best of my annoyed memory. that's how the wicked west is treating me.
I have no TV at all right now, and internet through someone else for $19/month. That's why I didn't have internet for 10 days.
Ahh..... the freedom. (sort of, I'm here writing all this, ain't I?)

THERE"S TOO MUCH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(excuse my language, but I am so ready to leave)

Oh please, please, someone tell me that in China there will not be 30 kinds of chips to choose from and 1000 bottles of 50 kinds of soda (I know that's true!) and if I can find a jar of jam I'll have to eat whatever kind of reddish purple stuff is behind the mysterious label, and I'll feel compelled to finish off the whole jar even if it's not what I expected and I'm still not sure what it is but everyone else eats it and is still alive so I will too. I am currently yearning for simplicity. I don't care if it's challenging simplicity among people who don't understand my bad chinese, that's ok. Having all this crap all around me is annoying and stifling. Wading & trudging through swamps of useless garbage is not freedom! Oh yes, offer us all this stuff to make our lives easier and more entertaining..... then I'll have no money left and no time to learn chinese or paint pictures or try a musical instrument.

I need a hug.

And a sledgehammer.
Anyone want to buy a dusty TV?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-10 13:50:38 |Display all floors
no i'm not....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.