Author: longzhou

Looking for a CEO or Top Gun Manager as future husband [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-12 09:47:53 |Display all floors

let me take a shot at :p

haha wow so many people are bashing this posting. i'm Chinese Canadian visiting China next year so can i meet her. i might not exactly meet all your conditions though 2 cars and 3 houses :p

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-12 11:05:31 |Display all floors
Boy, where'd that chick's heart go? And what kind of guy would actually marry her? She's either deluded or really, really insecure and trying to hide it.

As for 27 being old... wow! Good thing China respects their elders, because if 27 is old, there must be a ton of "elders" there! 27 isn't old enough to know what you'll want to do with your life, or even what kind of a person you'll be... your 20s is a time of transition, and you're more likely to be more settled in your 30s. Or so they say... what do I know, I'm just short of 22. I do know, though, that my parents were 28 when they were married, and 33 when they had me, and that's pretty normal. I don't get this social compulsion in China to be married by the time you're 25.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-12 11:35:17 |Display all floors

Reply #37 sockmonkey

In China, for women, certain things are expected to be done by certain age. For example, you re supposed to finish all your education by mid-20's , get married no later than late 20's and have kid by early 30's. Most people live by this fixed liniar track of life because there isn't too much room to choose in a highly competitive and crowded environment. Lot of American are able to go back to school to change their career in late 30's and move to another state at their 40's or 50's. Those are considered almost imposible for regular Chinese.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.