Author: mikeghet

Have you proven God does not exist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-6 11:46:05 |Display all floors
ok, so far i think the reasons why a god must exist are more comcompleiing than the counter arguments.  so far the counter argument is that it is naive to assumea  creator must exist simply because we don't know how to explain everything.

mike 1, everone else 0

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 11:57:33 |Display all floors

God

He does exist, like electricity I cannot see, but I have personally seen his works.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 12:00:08 |Display all floors
Occam's Razor states that in a choice between two explanations of a phenomenon, the simpler one is the one to be chosen. So some could take that to mean that "well, if there wasn't a creator, a whole big complicated process would've gone on, so that's not the simplest explanation, so there must've been a creator." But that's the problem--the idea of a creator means faith in something that can't be proved. There are different creation stories the world over, and while some have similar themes, none are the same. Why would one faith/creation story be right while others are wrong?

There's no compelling proof for a creator, but there's also none against it. Still, I think nature itself is pretty weird and wonderful, and over millions and millions of years, I don't see why something shouldn't evolve completely on its own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 12:17:36 |Display all floors
To me it seems wild to think a creator does not exist.  How can a perfect universe with perfectly orbiting planets (gravity!!) and ecosystems and food chains exist without someonen having done this?

Have you ever heard of the chaos theory?

I don t believe that a god with shape and form does exist.
But I believe in the power and energies of nature.
The so called "holly books" are a collection of social rules that seved the times and societies they were writen. Plus they ve been translated over and over so many times
that even religious scholars admit  that their original content is long lost.
  it s funny because almost everybody (me included) we usually confuse the original core of spirituality expressed in every religion with religious systems. They are two entirely different things
...Nothing is as permanent...
...as the temporary...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 12:19:24 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by sockmonkey at 6-6-2006 12:00
Occam's Razor states that in a choice between two explanations of a phenomenon, the simpler one is the one to be chosen. So some could take that to mean that "well, if there wasn't a creator, a whole big complicated process would've gone on, so that's not the simplest explanation, so there must've been a creator." But that's the problem--the idea of a creator means faith in something that can't be proved. There are different creation stories the world over, and while some have similar themes, none are the same. Why would one faith/creation story be right while others are wrong?

There's no compelling proof for a creator, but there's also none against it. Still, I think nature itself is pretty weird and wonderful, and over millions and millions of years, I don't see why something shouldn't evolve completely on its own./quote]

Do you live by Occam's belief, for this situation, SM?  I disagree with your assertion that it's easier to say a creator exists than to say we don't understand everything, so i don't have an opinion.  All a creator annswers is our origin.  It does not answer why we were created.  This is equally if not more complex than how, especially if you believe the latter was done by a divine entity.  

Things do evolve on their own. But how did something evolve from nothing?  Minus religion from your mind  and answer that.

Please clearly state whether or not you believe there is a creator or if you think one might exist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 12:23:51 |Display all floors
It a very egoistic perception that we humans are so perfect so the creator has to be a "someone" and male in particular..lol what an idea. Nature is perfect on its own. and this is the God. nature. Nothing else
...Nothing is as permanent...
...as the temporary...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 12:29:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jigsaw at 6-6-2006 12:23
It a very egoistic perception that we humans are so perfect so the creator has to be a "someone" and male in particular..lol what an idea. Nature is perfect on its own. and this is the Go ...

i don't think i said it was a person similar to us.  and, the only time i said it was him/he/etc was when i asked a question with a religious twist..my first post i think.  I'm not including religion in the discussion....i was hoping someone else would.  

so jigsaw, you don't think there is a creator?  you think nature erected itself?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.