Author: mikeghet

Have you proven God does not exist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-6 10:12:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holidays at 6-6-2006 09:58
Compare to the universe, our human brain is really really puny and extremely unsophysicated. So if you want to use our brain to understand the universe, God as the creator is really the best unders ...

Well, science, for the most part, agrees on the big bang theory.  So, as believers in science i'm sure you would agree with them, right?

It's my understanding that most scientists believe there was a beginning or an origin to the univerise.  Meaning before there was something there was nothing and now this something continues to expand, as if once coming from an origin (hubbles law).  How to create something out of nothing? Think, there was a starting point in time.  There's no negative infinit time.  There was a beginning to life.  There was an origin and it's not unrealistic to think a super being created something out of nothing, as opposed to what many say "i don't believe a god exists, but I don't know why I think this'.  People have the tenndency to say they 'believe in science', but they never examine what that means.  It's simply an excuse to not question whether or not a creator exists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 10:21:59 |Display all floors

MIke

Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-6-5 22:12

Well, science, for the most part, agrees on the big bang theory.  So, as believers in science i'm sure you would agree with them, right?

It's my understanding that most scientists believe  ...

You are really going to the deep end tonight. By the way, today is 6-6-6. I hope the devil is not partying right now.
Ok, go back to be serious. I am not really religious person and not scientific either. I go by feeling a lot, in life and at work. So I might be the most off person to talk about objetively about the world.  But my view to the world is we need to be humble, need to be open minded becasue human mind is really small and close compare to the things it tries to understand. Curiousity and innicent as an infant is the best way for us keep moving closer and closer to the truth, which is GOD in my opinion.
OK, too much for my puny brain tonight. Good night everybody.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 10:28:15 |Display all floors

Reply #14 bizarre's post

YES, i wil not push as i think the key work is "Willingly to accept".

I end reading "willingly" everytime!

If the ear not open, i push and only get wax in the end.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 10:28:40 |Display all floors

wow, 666 - mark of the beast

Originally posted by holidays at 6-6-2006 10:21

You are really going to the deep end tonight. By the way, today is 6-6-6. I hope the devil is not partying right now.
Ok, go back to be serious. I am not really religious person and not sci ...

God, must've sent me to quell all you disenters...ok, that's going off the deep end.

You don't want to know the origin of life at all?  How amazing...i've always thought about this even as a child.  Well, when i find out i'll tell ya...  

good night...i gotta go back to being a house wife for a bit..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 10:33:10 |Display all floors

Reply #18 mikeghet's post

Mike - i like this phrase!!! Keep it as a good promise.

"How amazing...i've always thought about this even as a child.  Well, when i find out i'll tell ya...  "

Two monks tell each other, whoever find the truth FIRST,pls tell me.:)

They did, almost together!!!
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 11:25:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-6-6 09:47

Most of the world (on paper anyways) does believe, so why would the burden rest on their shoulders and not yours?  You are the minority non-believer.

You failed to mention why you think a  ...

I have no real interest in disproving the existence of god.... how could I anyway?

in any argument, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.... if a person claims to have invented a time machine, it's not incumbent on others to prove that it doesn't exist.... it's the believer that must put forward a case. the non-believers are justified in refusing to believe until evidence is produced and substantiated.

who knows? perhaps a creater does exist.... if so I think this creater would be beyond human comprehension and certainly wouldn't bare any reseblance to the gods humans have invented.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 11:44:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 6-6-2006 11:25

I have no real interest in disproving the existence of god.... how could I anyway?

in any argument, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.... if a person claims to have invente ...

well, at least for now i don't want to inject religion into the dicussion, so i won't make references to the bible, etc as being testament to god's existence.

my interest is to get people like you who say you don't believe to actually consider there might be a creator.  as i said to holidays, i can't prove one exists, but not being able to prove one exists does not mean one is not there.  and, in one of the responses to holidays i gave some, what i think to be, logical reasons as to why a god exists (origin of time, mass, energy, etc).  

you (and i'm not picking on you otis ;-) still hven't given any reasons as to why a creator must not exist.  meaning that if you do not know why one does not exist, you probably wouldn't believe this anymore than me telling you one does, which means you are neither a believer nor a non-believer. :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.