Author: mikeghet

Have you proven God does not exist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-6 09:35:50 |Display all floors
I think the burden of proof rests on believers since they are the ones advancing the idea that god exists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 09:45:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holidays at 6-6-2006 09:32
My bias opinion in my crapy English: There is no suchthing called proof in religion, but a choice. If you choose to believe, it is called faith. And so far, no one ever comes back after death to te ...

lol

Ok, very good.  Yes, you choose to believe in Christianity, etc and this is faith.

But you do not have to be a member of Judaism or its descendents to believe a creator exists.  

So, we can claim that believing in a creator is simply faith and I agree since, as you say, nobody has come back fromt he dead to tell us otherwise (unless you believe in prophets, but nobody does that).  However, you still have not provided any evidence that a creator does not exist.  I haven't provided any to the contrary either.  More importantly to me, I'd like to hear why you think a creator must not exist.  Just your opinions/facts/ideas.

To me it seems wild to think a creator does not exist.  How can a perfect universe with perfectly orbiting planets (gravity!!) and ecosystems and food chains exist without someonen having done this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 09:47:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 6-6-2006 09:35
I think the burden of proof rests on believers since they are the ones advancing the idea that god exists.

Most of the world (on paper anyways) does believe, so why would the burden rest on their shoulders and not yours?  You are the minority non-believer.

You failed to mention why you think a creator musn't exist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 09:56:56 |Display all floors
i actually believe in science more than the GOD. but i do believe some super powered things exists, i'm not saying that should human like creature,,,, but since something are not explainable, it seems that some thing else are doing those... maybe we are stilll not wise enough to discover all those secrets...
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 09:58:17 |Display all floors

Mike

Compare to the universe, our human brain is really really puny and extremely unsophysicated. So if you want to use our brain to understand the universe, God as the creator is really the best understanding we can come up with.
My personaly belief, God is a tendancy. And I can't really explain in detail here.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 10:00:03 |Display all floors

Reply #11 bizarre's post

REad those holy sutras and you will understand!!

But 1st, we need to clean/purify ourselves.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 10:12:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-6-6 10:00
REad those holy sutras and you will understand!!

But 1st, we need to clean/purify ourselves.

Caring, every person has theri own belief and idea... no need to try to push people believe yours...
:)

I'd  rather believe in myself....

and of course somtimes rely on my family and friends, and occasionally by fate....
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.