Author: xiayiqiang

Which city is your favorite in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-12 21:21:55 |Display all floors
I didn't like Beijing at all.  There were so many foreigners there that it felt like the Chinese people were brought in for decorations.  I've been to Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Chongqing, Chengdu, Guilin, Xi'an, Hong Kong and some countryside villages.  Chengdu is the best!  Best food too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-13 09:51:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by meiguoracing at 2006-6-12 21:21
I didn't like Beijing at all.  There were so many foreigners there that it felt like the Chinese people were brought in for decorations.  I've been to Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Chongqi ...

What a crock of nonsense.  I went to Beijing 2 years ago, I saw about, ooh, 100 foreigners the entire time I was there.  that is absolutely F.A for a capital city.  Go to any western city and you will see that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-13 10:52:20 |Display all floors

Qingdao is a great place to live~

Chengdu is not the best hands down...its humid like a swamp but the food is great there and so are the girls. I been to most of the major cities in China and I have to say Qingdao in areas of population, air quality, along with lifestyle and people is rated among the best in my book.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-13 13:31:08 |Display all floors
Well,before i have travelled around the china , I cant make any decision.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-25 02:29:44 |Display all floors
Xiamen is the one I want to recommend.
and I am leaving here, it is small, but nice
Love means never saying you are sorry

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-25 02:32:47 |Display all floors

you can have more information here

Five fantastic Chinese seaside cities
(chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2006-06-12 09:50

*Xiamen: a city that has been on the rise ever since the adoption of the economic reforms and opening up policies of 1978

People say the best way to know the layout of a city is to see it from the sky. Seen from the sky, Xiamen is circled entirely by water, newly built buildings standing in order like toy bricks. With new architecture, a well arranged layout and adjacent waters, Xiamen represents three distinct characteristics of China's newly uprising cities.

The hottest attraction in Xiamen is Gulangyu (drum wave island). Weathered through history (Gulangyu has been run by 13 different countries as concessions), Gulangyu now enjoys a peaceful life. Protected by the government as a "star island", no excessive developments are allowed except for some seafood street stalls, local specialty shops and craft work shops. A unique piano museum displaying precious pianos from around the world was set up on this island similar to the exotic pavilions left by past occupiers, thus earning Gulangyu the fame of "Piano Island" and "Musicians' Cradle".

Xiamen is also well known for its six natural beach bath places. The Xiamen International Marathon Contest, featuring an economic marathon, festive marathon, communicative marathon, green marathon and tour marathon, is designed as the city's name card to gain more international fame, and it works. This contest has developed into a platform for the communications between Xiamen and its brother cities as well as a media for cross-strait (Taiwan Strait) communications.
Love means never saying you are sorry

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-26 16:12:12 |Display all floors
For air quality, lifestyle and people, I think you should visit Sanya. It will let you know what is air quality. lol...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.