Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-21 11:21:10 |Display all floors

popcorn

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-22 19:51:11 |Display all floors

Any friendly nation always sends positive signals

I'm surprised that several countries still use media way to ink China.It's common. China has made rapid progress,which makes some of the west countries annoyed.They don't want to see a developed China. They want to cherish the aggression ,like their forefathers.China nowadays says No. At the same time, Italy can not challenge  the America and they save face by doing so in order to show it's a big power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-23 00:28:36 |Display all floors

redspecial79

Yes.!
China is the Party.
The people are the Party.
The Chinese are the party.
The PLA is the People.
China Patriots are the people.
China Patriots are the PLA.
China is all one.
We are all one.

NATIONALISM.

Chinese Nationalism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-23 10:56:23 |Display all floors

To bossel: firstly , I understand these non-chinese friends here are sincere an

No matter how our opinions are different or similiar. Thanks you ,guys.
I admit that within 20 decades, China and the rest of world have more communication and understand each other  more than before despite of  difference of system or culture.
I am not surprised that in movies or low -quality programmes there are too many bad apples about China ,and I also met some guys having no
intention of knowing about China, so their view of points are stereotyped by  bad images. China is developing, so the view of western people also are changing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-23 11:08:07 |Display all floors

To Senecca:

_1_____________________________________________
Zhang Yimou has for a long time been regarded in the west as an outstanding artist. In fact, he was nominated for a prize - I forgot whether in Cannes or in Hollywood - at a time when official China was ignoring him and the Chinese public was not allowed to watch his movies. If I am right, Zhang Yimou was already famous in the west back at the end of the 1980's... if not, in the early 1990's!
answer:     Zhang was awarded in Cannes with his debut movie--Red broomcorn. I am not arguing with his talent also famous in China and the world. I am wondering if he would won the prize if his participative movie  showed NOT a negative scene ?

_2___________________________________________________
But whether the west should learn more about China is a matter for debate. Personally, I think the west is sufficiently interested, but the world is large, and the Chinese only make up for 20-odd% of the world's population, so there are many other places we also have to familiarise ourselves with. Just think of the Indians right now - they are beginning to undergo the same fascinating transformation from a backwater to a modern society that China has been undergoing for two decades.

In point of fact, the Chinese diaspora has for decades initiated a free dialogue in the west about China. When I lived in France many years ago, there was a college that offered bilingual instruction. Some parents chose english as the medium of instruction for certain subjects, others required their child to become bilingual in French and Spanish or French and German; already in 1984, that college offered MANDARIN, and to my knowledge, some 20 local children studied it!
Western museums have exhibits from all over the world.but foreign cultures are well represented too, - Japan, China, South America, Africa. I don't know any museum in China that has a collection of Egyptian vases, Greek text scrolls, Jewish ritual objects or East African assegays'. The reason is self-evident: most archeological and historical exploration and discoveries are owed to Westerners such as Henry Schliemann - who found the ruins of 4000-year-old Troy, - Aurel Stein who brought home to Britain Buddhist artefacts from Dunhuang, and so on. __________________________________________________
answer:
In China,  any museum doesn't collect other countries' vases, Greek text scrolls except gifts from other countries. Here  you know what! When a Chinese  saw  Chinese collections  displayed n other countries ' museums , he would  have  a stronger feeling  towards  and shame on our history of  invasion by  by western coutries. I think those vases ,chinas, or something can't show that western people were eager to know about our culture. We all know that some of antiques  in museums were stolen and robbed from China in the past.  But to be imortant, If they really had the intention of understanding a country, western people shouldn't burn emperior garden( yuanmingyuan in beijing) into ashes after those vases ,jewelries, chinas and other removeable treasures are robbed.  If they really wanted to know about China, Chinese should be free to visit our parks in Shanghai in 1895.But we couldn't because there was a sign in front of door of huangpu park" Chinese and dog not permitted".
i read this story too"Aurel Stein who brought home to Britain Buddhist artefacts from Dunhuang," i felt sad about this guy. he cheated a young monk and shipped all buddhist artesfacts to the west. Now, even our historians felt pity  in uncompletely researching dunhuang' art with absence of artefacts which actually were kept in best conditions underground at that time , but once opened ,they are quite easily airslaked. If they really cherish chinese culture, they should return them to original places.
       Just like what i said, who likes drinking chinese tea, doesn't mean he wants to know about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-23 13:07:36 |Display all floors

yes ,it certainly is

As a chinese,I am glad to hear these words,though there are some unsatisfied things at the present time ,it is in some ways ,and most of the ways are bright ,if we keep on working hard with the lead of the party,with the diligent people working ,I believe China will become a more stronger country in future.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.