Author: sunnyjin

Can money buy you anything? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-27 00:59:49 |Display all floors

This sounds lame

But money can't buy you happiness.

And it has been established that once you have a certain amount of money, more money doesn't make you much happier.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 02:28:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-5-27 00:59

And it has been established that once you have a certain amount of money, more money doesn't make you much happier.

Well said!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 02:47:45 |Display all floors
Although money can't buy happiness, it has been pretty well established that lack of money can cause unhappiness, stress, and health problems.  The relative position within a society seems to be more important than the absolute level of wealth; that is, feeling poor is worse than being poor.

Hey, Divina, keep on dancing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 03:04:56 |Display all floors
Money is important to a limit... in my case for example, I wouldn't want it to limit me into anything, but I wouldn't marry a guy for it only either... I f I want money, I try my best to make it... BUT

I probably would prefer money to love (I know, I feel real bad now-hehe).

No money+ love= unhappiness
No love+ Money= some happiness (ehehe)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 09:39:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-5-26 10:59

I would like to try this experiment and see at what point I stop being happier  
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 11:54:00 |Display all floors
again i saw the popped-up tags from some dumbxxx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 20:10:58 |Display all floors

can money buy anything

The only thing money can't buy is poverty; if you try very hard you could probably buy that too. Although it has been said that money cannot buy you happiness, it sure makes unhappiness bareable.

LOVE??? MONEY??? - Love wrapped in a newspaper is not as enticing as one in a Brand Name package. Yes my friends, money is the packaging.

Money is not just that paper you carry with you, but in comes in the form of friendship, favors, politeness, good manners, etc.: Money is any medium of exchange where you expect something in return for your efforts, even kindnes and sharity are money - they pay you in the form of that good feeling you get inside when you share with the less fortunate. Yes, my friends we cannot do anything without money, even dying costs.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.