Views: 4268|Replies: 15

Can money buy you anything? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-26 19:46:22 |Display all floors
in my opinion, money is very important in our life ,but it is not everything, it can buy you house but can't buy
you family, it can't buy happiness,health. what's your opinion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 20:12:19 |Display all floors
yes,
you can buy anything
except love

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 21:54:48 |Display all floors
money can buy convenience!
it's important but not enough! if i am not too greedy..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 22:08:31 |Display all floors
money speaks.
i have been translating foreign texts these days,and the author gives foreign businessmen the opinion"chinese worship money". as he mentioned, this is exactly how most foreigners think about us. i really feel so ashamed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 22:21:41 |Display all floors
the "money worship" phenomenon is not just happened in China, in fact, i think it's more widespread in US.
afterall, people are different ..  according to their personal experience...
this should not be a shame or blame, and people should not be judged in this way.
if any foreigner think we Chinese are "money worshipers", i thought they are rather narrowed-minded

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 23:37:01 |Display all floors

We have a simple way of saying it......

If it looks like a duck......

If it walks like a duck.....

and it quacks like a duck.......

It is a duck........

This works both ways with the Asian view of the west and west's view of Asia in many subjects.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 23:45:59 |Display all floors

Led astray from the flock due to temptations~

We'll due to Communism which pretty much turned China into an atheist state...and now capitalist one "with Chinese characteristic' traditional values and sense of morality are gradually eroding away due to greed and self-centered behavior. Selling their own child, local government being so corrupt (200,000 plus in hiding after embezzelment and other criminal acts), breaking rules and disregarding human life for the sake of increase production (coal mines), highschool / middleschool kids selling virginity for materials, absolute tolerance toward prostitution smokescreened by the 'massage' policy, educational fraud due to personal incentives (scientific microchip fraud), disregard for others intellectual property and the list goes on. Sadly, these days due to opening up many Chinese people have lost their way and taken the bad habits of the west and forgetting to take the many good habits at the same time. China have leap-frogged economomically but in terms of how many things are ill-conducted you still feel that 'third world country' aura. China lacks that spritiual well-being and many people can't even differentiate the magnitude of something which we call 'sin' anymore.

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-5-26 11:49 PM ]
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.