Author: pinko7

just a thought (about truth and identity online) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-26 23:32:52 |Display all floors

There are a number of character types on this forum.....

Primarily the majority are people who just like to talk or discuss things. The most noticable are the bullies, country bashers, racists and that sort. They break down into a few sub groups who are motivated by hate or even promote chaos. We learn who they are very quickly and basically ignore them or respond in an either cynical or defensive response.
Another group are government people hired to do nothing but monitor the dialog going on in different  forums. They are data mining for a variety of reasons. National security, politics or looking for targets of agression.
Another group are people who really want to improve their English speaking skills so they try to participate but are often embarrassed by other higher level English speakers. Many in this group loose interest when their English is ridiculed by others (very wrong thing to do).
Then we have the group with raging hormones.....no need to explain them.
Each individual in the groups has a writing style that can expose his/her honesty in short time. Credibility or the lack of it is developed quickly by us all.
An interesting thing that happens is that someone can state a fact and others will not believe it. This shows the example of what is true in one place is not true in another.  That also shows a lack of experience.

The question of racial and cultural differences and the reactions are in fact a perfect example as to why some people don't get along with others of different races and cultures. It is not in fact a racial or cultural difference but the unwillingness to cooperate and see the other persons side of the discussion. That is not culture or race but a personality flaw. The simple fact that many of us get along, are balanced and actually develop friendships refutes the concept of race and cultural differences. Personality flaws are self induced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 23:36:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hearthome at 2006-5-26 22:53

You use Chinese Liang zhai while a Chinese girl's avator .... do you distort the truth?

No. I disguise some truths, but the avatar has nothing to do with who I am (or it does, just that it doesn't depict me). It is just a token to create an identity in this forum. You know... you see that blue guitar and you know instantly who it is...

I am not really anonymous. There are plenty of people on this forum who could give you all my basic personal data (including address, phone, tax records etc) within a day, provided they know how to do it (because they already have some information).

Furthermore, my IP can be traced to where I live (unless I spoof it, which I could if I wanted to), which means the police could come knocking at my door as soon as I mention Zhao... wait, hold on a min## NO CARRIER

[ Last edited by liangzai at 2006-5-26 11:39 PM ]
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 01:13:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 2006-5-26 22:34

All girls I have met in real life play games and distort the truth.  

Oh, that's too bad. Not all girls play games. I don't play games or distort the truth. But then again, I am not a girl, I am a woman, hoho!

The most distortion that may happen is... maybe sending my best pictures when asked at first. But not really.... right now I have a mixture of pics in an album, not all are good pics of me, in some my face looks kinda weird... but whatever, I guess in real life my face might look weird sometimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 01:55:06 |Display all floors
No freakyqi your a lego girl riding a red bicycle, do not distort the truth!!! Hee hee and im just a sign that speaks the awful truth of the love mentality differences between genders.

Saucy!
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 14:02:21 |Display all floors

hearthome

if a girl asked me to prove a claim i'd made i'd be happy to have the chance to prove who i am...i'd much rather that to being with a girl who is not completely sure who i am

and yeah my sleep pattern has been weird lately...some nights i just decide ot stay up late...but it's not a problem...thanks for your concern though...but yeah i guess i am naughty
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-27 20:25:34 |Display all floors

truth

There is no taboo on truth as some have alluded to; you have not only the right, but the obligation to confirm the claims of someone you are interested for love or friendship - after all both of these are founded on truth and care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-28 11:25:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pinko7 at 2006-5-24 19:54
a lot of people using forums make claims about who they are like age, income, education/qualifications etc...some of these claims might be lies that they only tell to meet people for relationships. ...

Pinko
I notice you've added education and sundry qualifications to your list of *Things girls can make you prove.*  I suppose my real question should have read... why are these things necessary in a relationship?  If the person is in fact younger or older than their claim, what difference does it make?  Chinese girls lie about their age constantly, to your face... especially the ones who are past 25 and unmarried.  If I look 24, there ya go, I'm 24.
Education and qualifications.  Hmmm ... I'm convinced that your cranal capacities come out best in what you say during conversation.  An MBA is worth Shi*** if you don't know how to use it, and it's virtually worthless in the realm of a relationship.  Other qualifications ... I'm not sure what these might be.  Should she be allowed to ask for a picture of your manhood?
Money money money.  Is there a dollar value for a happiness threshold?  What income would have to be proven in order for a girl to decide... yup... that's the one for me.
I am not advocating the idea of people telling lies about these things to their peers online, or potential partners.  The thing about lies is ... under the right light, they will be exposed.  Meeting people from online is an adventure, it has its risks. If a person is stupid enough to believe that their lies about these things won't be made open, they deserve the humilation that comes with the exposure.
It seems that your shortlist presents criteria that Chinese girls have when seeking a partner, dui bu dui.  I think it applies face to face as well as it does to online life.  I do not believe that any of these things can really affect the true core of a relationship.  Love has nothing to do with what the person you choose does, it is all about what you do for that person.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.