Author: pinko7

just a thought (about truth and identity online) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-26 15:31:56 |Display all floors
As for the serous relationship, i don't mind someone's confirming things like income, degree, age......etc.  

But we hold the opinion that it's a taboo to ask westerners about their age, income,  personal information etc......... so i believe this may confuse many Chinese girls when they have foreign bfs.

As for the cyber world, it's not necessary for me to confirm who is who, how is how and what is what ..... and for sure, i won't disclose my personal identify openly here......  But for those who i feel reliable , may bekeep in touch by e-mails or PM........ no problem to disclose my identify.......

On the forum, my opinions are true except some naughty kidding.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 16:32:34 |Display all floors

right on hearthome

"But we hold the opinion that it's a taboo to ask westerners about their age, income,  personal information etc."
>>>you took the words right outta my mouth...it is considered taboo to ask about these kinds of things...however we need to overcome this taboo, since there is nothing wrong with wanting to confirm the truth
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 16:46:15 |Display all floors
Taboo,it sure is.
It's strange ,even offensive to ask the personal detail to westerners.
but if you are buddy,why not?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 17:00:08 |Display all floors
Alex

Yes.  You are right. There is nothing wrong with wanting to confirm the truth. "we need to overcome this taboo" --- i appreciate your opinion.

But for some others, they may think it unacceptable.  They may think " If i ask something about this, maybe he thinks that i am after his money , power or so, not love seriously....... " . Sometimes girls protend to ignore this just wanting to prove that she only loves the person but nothing else........

That's why they won't touch the toboo....

Hey, Alex, it's so late in your time. You are as naughty as my computer ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 22:34:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2006-5-24 21:12

Yes, I think people can be truthful here and others can play games. When it comes to relationships then trust is the key :)

All girls I have met in real life play games and distort the truth. There is no real difference with the net, just that you can exaggerate a bit more.

As for anonymity... there is no anonymity on the net. But Joe (L)user doesn't know that.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 22:53:31 |Display all floors
"All girls I have met in real life play games and distort the truth."

So what about you ? Are you the counterpart ?

You use Chinese Liang zhai while a Chinese girl's avator .... do you distort the truth ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-26 23:10:35 |Display all floors
You use Chinese Liang zhai while a Chinese girl's avator .... do you distort the truth ?

I think he is a normal male who has an infatuation with Kelly or any other beautiful women with celebrity status haha.

That hardly has logics considering my avatar can be a cat or whatever...does that actually make you perceive me as a talking puss in boots?

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-5-26 11:11 PM ]
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.