Views: 5500|Replies: 27

living together before marriage [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-22 00:10:24 |Display all floors
i want to know wheather it is acceptable to live together before marriage.  

give me some reason .thanks a million!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 01:02:17 |Display all floors

It is important, very important!!

and this I want to tell all 1st generations parents (like our parents)...

first: marriage doesnt mean FOREVER together..nowadays people marry and divorce very easily and fast...!!!!
second: dating every week doesnt mean you can LIVE together for life!!!  both you and him/her has to be tested whether you can live together and with eachother for life (without fights everyday or mis-understandings)..
really you will know this until you really live together with someone for a long time ..

crush, love is easily, but being together for life is not...
all things has to be tested, ALSO love, and also marriage!!
--> living together will prevent MANY divorces and lone-childs!!!

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-5-22 01:03 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 01:42:54 |Display all floors

Isn't this a moot point in China, anyway?

My understanding is that it is ILLEGAL for a man and a women to have sex before
marriage and so living together would also be prohibited by law.  I know this was
true 10 years ago where unmarried couples could not stay at the same hotel
together so unless the laws have changed.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 03:25:24 |Display all floors
I've heard that it's becoming a more and more common phenomenon in China. It's fairly widely accepted in the US. Still, some studies show that if the couple does not have definite plans for marriage or long-term committment, then they're more likely to break up (if they're living together).

I say: no problems with it, as long as you know the person very well and, if not, have a backup plan if things don't work out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 09:53:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 22-5-2006 01:42
My understanding is that it is ILLEGAL for a man and a women to have sex before
marriage and so living together would also be prohibited by law.  I know this was
true 10 years ago where unmarri ...

to make it clear:

in China it is illegal for a 2 unmarried persons to live together in the department WHICH has written BOTH NAMES.

Conclusion: so a single couple CAN live together, if they RENT a house or have bought department under 1 name.

ALSO, its NOT illegal, sex before marriage.
You see condoms available to be bought everywhere in China.
And the hotel thing, yeah...its not a real law I thought, some hotels THERE will not let you (gf/bf sleep together).. although I did before (same room in hotel) etc..so its different for every hotel..

[ Last edited by auchengyu at 2006-5-22 09:57 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 12:00:42 |Display all floors
Only one hotel has ever asked me and my wife for proof that we are married before they would let us rent a room and that was in Beijing.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 12:49:17 |Display all floors

i disagree...

i dont think living together before you are married is a good thing.  I think being confined to the commitment of marriage and then living together is the best idea.  

Auchengyu some statistics even say that couples who live together before they are married get divorced more then those who dont.  Ofcourse i dont know if i believe in these statistics..but i think marriage is the best way to finally live together.  Because when you say your marriage vowls you are saying...you might aswell be saying..i will submit to you when you are ill...i will try my hardest to love you...for all the days of my life....

so thats why i think its not a grea tidea to live together if you are not married!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.