Author: holidays

Let's talk about international and interracial marriage [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-23 11:00:21 |Display all floors

Wha! Now people are talking!

Thank you for dropping in here.
Tarheel, I wish you luck and happiness for your jurney with your future wife. I hope you won't be discouraged by my "yin stories". I am just being absolutely open and honest here. I just hope people who drop in this post can have some REAL and first handed information about this subject.
Blackazngirl, thank you for wiling to share your expereince. You have my ear. :)
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 11:12:26 |Display all floors

GSM

Thank you for your advice. The food story is no news for us. It has been like this for 7 years. We had tried everyting, comprimise, homecook fusion food... And now, we are just tired of the idea of dining out. We either order to go from different restaurants of just cook our own food. We are nearly divorced in the food department. Battle over food, nobody wins. But again, life is more than just food. Compare to those starving poor couple in remote rural China who share a piece of sweet potato as dinner, what can I complain about?
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 11:31:15 |Display all floors

Bizzare girl and Mike,

I am supprised you two still have no idea where I am from and where I live.
I am Chinese, more specific, Cantonese. I came to US 12 years ago and still live in US. My husband is American.
Mike, thank you for your advice on the food department. Sometimes people just have to give up no matter how hard you tried, like the battle over food. It is funny that you and GSM mentioned the type of real Chinese food. For me, the authentic Chinese food tastes much better than the western version. And they are acturally much healthier by using less deep fried and more fresh meat. I hope you could be more open minded to it. :) As big boy as my husband, he did tried the bull penus hot pot last time he was in China. He said he liked it and it was very effective too. You know what I mean?

Attached is the picture of my husband sitting in a Yunnan restaurant, holding a piece of fish stick, didn't know how to start the first bite. I think it is pretty funny.Don't you think?
realCNfood.JPG
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 12:50:12 |Display all floors
she is a beautyful and cheery girl,ans she  is good at sing a song . I had fell in love with her when I first met her in the classroom . One day ,it was heavy rain,but I forgot to bring the unbrella.so I can go home at once.Suddenly, I heared a sweet sound .A lovely girl who I love her appear my face and said :" if you don't bring the unbrella,I can use a unbrella with you.".....Undergo this case ....................:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 13:30:31 |Display all floors
Met on the net, talked for months; longing for friendship we met.
No romantic encounter anticipated, although the thought had crossed my mind
She was sweet, smart, and cheerful; I could not help but to fall in love
Two years and several problems later, our attraction has grown to a bond
A bond too elastic to tear and too strong for either one of us to break.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 21:26:22 |Display all floors
Holiday's,

Thank you for your reply.  I am not discouraged at all.  I am lucky that I really enjoy the Chinese food that I have in China.  
I either really like it or hate it.  Hot pot was not one of my favorites.  The one thing that my fiance was very anxious for
me to try and promised that I would love is moon cakes.  I was in Guangzhou for the Autumn festival.  I did not like moon
cakes at all but swallowed it down.  I only told her later that I did not like it.  

I think that I am lucky because I enjoy much of Chinese culture.  Some of my beliefs are different and strong but my wife
to be will surely understand because she has learned that my heart is good.  Maybe it would be better for me to reply after
a couple of years of marriage.  Everything is good in the beginning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 22:39:54 |Display all floors
No cookies for me thanks!  As far as food goes,  he cooks "real" Chinese food, non of that stuff they service to American's.  Infact, I prefer the real thing.  He on the other hand loves pizza, McDonalds and Italian food.  I tell him that he will get fat like the American's, hahaha.  

No, we don't live in China.  We do live in an area where there aren't alot of Asian's so we get our share of stares.  Only the brave will come up and ask how did we met and if we are married.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.