Author: holidays

Let's talk about international and interracial marriage [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-5-21 12:03:30 |Display all floors

GSM, thank you for sharing.

You two are "tian sheng yi dui"--born to be together. ( Is my translation correct?)Your story is definately one of the good ones. In our case, we have ups and downs. Still not quite sure how to label it.
I can't help wondering are all the stories out there are good ones? If international, interracial, intercultural relationship or marriages are just same as regular ones, there are got to be some not so good stories out there. Are the not-so-good ones also welcomed here?
In this forum, I encounter lots of romantic (either happy or sad), idealistic, warm and fuzzy feelings or stories. I just wonder how realistic they are.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 02:31:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holidays at 2006-5-20 22:03
You two are "tian sheng yi dui"--born to be together.  

Thanks.  As my wife says "we belong to each other from born".  She also says I was silly before because I did not come find her 20 years ago.   Actually she found me.  Better late than never I say.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 09:29:31 |Display all floors

Gsm

Originally posted by gsmusasia at 2006-5-21 14:31

Thanks.  As my wife says "we belong to each other from born".  She also says I was silly before because I did not come find her 20 years ago.   Actually she found me.  Better late tha ...

You two silly love birds. 4 years, and the honey month still going on.
Thank you very much for dropping in this thread. Since everything has two sides-- Yin and Yang. Now  I will assign the Yang story to GSM and I have to take on the Yin side since no other forumite is able or willing to share theirs.
I have to say we are definately out of the honey moon period. Things used to be cute now just plain normal. Things used to be OK, now is a bit .. not OK. My husband doesn't like Chinese food while my favorate food is CHinese. The other night we were both hungry. After some scissor-paper-rock, I won the Chinese food din-out. The food came. Mine looked great.  I was ready to open my stomach and enjoyed, I saw his face turning red, staring at his plate. He didn't like the food and he was trying very hard to hide it. I lost my appetite immdiately and I also tried not to show it either. But he did notice and said: "What's wrong honey? Don't be so sensitive, ok? Enjoy yourself. They are not too bad." He tried a smile and put a small bit into his mouth...
Ai Ai Ai....
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 11:15:37 |Display all floors
There must be something he likes but he hasn't found it yet.  

Tonight I had a hamburger for the first time in a month.  When in China eat as the Chinese do so no western food unless I can get the kids to want pizza.  Tell him American Chinese food is much better than some of the real stuff like chicken feet, fish eyeballs, sea cucumbers, catapillars in the coccoon and all of the other really gross stuff eaten over there that I won't touch with a ten foot chopstick.    Sweet or spicy is always a good bet for kids so maybe for your big kid too.
One of every 4 people is mentaly  ill. Think of your
3 best friends, if they're okay, it's you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-22 22:32:14 |Display all floors
gsmus,

I hope to one day find success as you have with your relationship.  My wife to be should be here in a month or two and I
am excited.  It is a long process, especially with cultural barriers,  but well worth the ride.  I also believe that my fiancee
were destined to find each other.  Two years ago, I knew nothing of Chinese culture at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 03:42:57 |Display all floors
Sure, I don't mind talking about the subject.  Infact, I find it interesting myself.  I'm currently involved with an Chinese guy and I'm an African American.  Now I'm sure no body in this forum has hread anything like that before, specially in China.  So let's see what questions and comments I get.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-23 09:05:48 |Display all floors
ANYWAYS, so you married? i mean holidays,,, how long? so you are Chinese and he is American? Where you live? in Us or China? How you get things done? I'm curious~
I wanna enjoy the sunshine and beach hand in hand with you forever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.