Author: mrotismorgan

America and Racism [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-27 13:14:36 |Display all floors
Least most black people can work in companies in the U.S and African-American have more respect / acceptance in the western media than Asian-Americans by far. I have heard too much racist remarks from Mainland Chinese employers when it comes to hiring a 'black' guy. Not to mention from Chinese girls who just are 'scared' of them due to their behavior but mainly the color of their skin.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:19:40 |Display all floors
Taiwanese / Hong Kong people looking down at Mainlanders thinking they are bumpkins or gold diggers.

Major City of USA dwellers despising the common rural white trash of America.

Tell me people...what is the difference??

~Same crap different toilets~

Racism / Prejudice is like oxygen...its EVERYWHERE.
((EyeOfStorm))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:25:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 4-27-2006 13:19
Taiwanese / Hong Kong people looking down at Mainlanders thinking they are bumpkins or gold diggers.

Major City of USA dwellers despising the common rural white trash of America.

Tell me peop ...

I find the word white trash used often on this board.  It's interesting how white people can be called a degrading name but other 'races' can't.  Like, nobody says black trash or yellow trash...

Anyways, it's off topic, but intresting nontheless...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:26:04 |Display all floors
what about the average Chinese response to the average African-American person?    At first sight, they maybe think that they are not beautiful or handsome, even ugly. Nothing else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:26:20 |Display all floors
Hellen, I didn't mean what I said about the staring in either a good OR a bad way. Actually i have not experienced it much yet, only on a trip, but i haven't lived there yet. My point was to the guy who wrote that as soon as we reach China we will not even notice racism. My point was just that it will be everywhere, in every country. I don't think I would be offended by people looking at me, I'm usually in good humor about that sort of thing. I think I might smile and wave back, and maybe do it in a silly obvious way if the person if really starting to annoy me. My point is that even if it's not bad, it's not like you'd "never notice", like he said.

I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:37:12 |Display all floors
find the word white trash used often on this board.  It's interesting how white people can be called a degrading name but other 'races' can't.  Like, nobody says black trash or yellow trash...

Anyways, it's off topic, but intresting nontheless...  

it's due to the fact that that word doesn't have meaning or emotions toward it when said. Saying White Trash doesn't mean jack compared to saying N*gger or Ch*nk. These two words have a history which strikes a chord on people which fall into that category. Only white peope lynched other white people, not Asian / Blacks picking on large amount of white people violently...they were the minority therefore they got picked on by the majority during the past. In the people of other races eyes they see white people as having it 'made' throughout history. This my friend is also known as white priviledge.

[ Last edited by eyeofstorm at 2006-4-27 01:39 PM ]
((EyeOfStorm))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:41:23 |Display all floors
I still cann't feel the racism in China. The phenomenon that the rich in some rigions that look down the poor is indeed exists, but not to speak of racism. Besides this is just individual phononemon , not all the rich are like this. The poor don't like the poor in some aspects.  Our society will not give you some unfair treatment just because which place you are from , or you are poor or rich.

Taiwanese and HK look down mainlanders? We mainlanders also don't like them in some aspects, they just exceed us economically, some mainlanders said the they are stupid than mainlanders, they have bad spiritual taste, seen from the recreartion programs.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.