Author: mrotismorgan

America and Racism [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-27 12:10:16 |Display all floors
Heh. Exactly, freakyqi. Racism is everywhere--it just takes different forms depending on the environment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 12:29:01 |Display all floors

racism

Another scarey thing about America is well let me ask. What percentage is males in America are in someway related to homosexualism.  Do you think mostly all american males are gay.   Anyways Chinese staring at you is not an expression of hate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 12:57:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mrotismorgan at 4-27-2006 12:29
Another scarey thing about America is well let me ask. What percentage is males in America are in someway related to homosexualism.  Do you think mostly all american males are gay.   Anyways Chines ...

Actually, very few.  Unfortunaely you never hear the Silent Majority, so one might think otherwise...

Glad I could be of assistance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:01:34 |Display all floors
Really? So being stared at, having a small crowd gather or want to take your picture, and being charged 4x as much as locals has nothing to do with a person's face being white?

Why you regard these as racism? Maybe most Chinese don't know doing this will hurt you. They maybe think that you are beautiful, or special, different from Chinese, They just want to see you more. Don't your people stare at the Asian people more? Chinese also do like to stare at the beautiful, special Chinese, charge those who they think they are wealthy more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:05:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hellen1815 at 4-27-2006 13:01
Don't your people stare at the Asian people more?

Depending on the location, a resounding yes!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:06:55 |Display all floors
Chinese staring at you is not an expression of hate.

Then is it an expression of admiration / envy / difference / kindness because she is different / wanting to take advantage / speciality / ---> please choose one but note that no matter what it's still a viewpoint of 'difference' and the exact opposite of equality.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 13:08:28 |Display all floors
"Why you regard these as racism? Maybe most Chinese don't know doing this will hurt you. They maybe think that you are beautiful, or special, different from Chinese, They just want to see you more. Don't your people stare at the Asian people more? Chinese also do like to stare at the beautiful, special Chinese, charge those who they think they are wealthy more."

I doubt it's all that innocent. Sometimes they're smiling and looking bashful (little kids, usually), but sometimes they're leering and laughing in ways that aren't nice (almost always men). Then they try to rip us off. They seem to think white skin=lots of money. Definitely not always the case! Also, what about the average Chinese response to the average African-American person? Not too favorable, from what I've observed...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.