Author: mrotismorgan

America and Racism [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-4-27 08:38:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yanyin at 4-27-2006 08:23
That's because chinese people don't have access to legal firearms. Besides, people don't commit violent crimes because of racism. They do it for drugs, money, and gangs. Even if I were a criminal,  ...



Yes, but in the US people do commit violent crimes due to racism.

Hate crimes are fairly abundant in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-27 08:43:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-4-27 08:38



Yes, but in the US people do commit violent crimes due to racism.

Hate crimes are fairly abundant in the US.


Yes they are. There are lots of rednecks in America.

Doesn't make China any more democratic though. So what's your point?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-4-27 08:49:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yanyin at 4-27-2006 08:43


Yes they are. There are lots of rednecks in America.

Doesn't make China any more democratic though. So what's your point?



Not just white people commit hate crimes.

And, democracy has nothing to do with racism.  You can be a racist not matter what your country's form of government is.


What's my point?
My responses were to your comment: " Americans are racist, but not as racist as the average Chinese, by far."

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-27 08:55:17 |Display all floors
What's wrong with my comment? I'm Chinese Canadian - I'm neither Chinese nor Canadian, so:

1. I'm knowledgable
2. I'm objective

And I feel that the average Chinese person is more racist than the average American person. The reason Chinese people aren't killing eachother is that:

1. There aren't enough people of different races in China. China is 99% Chinese. They can't be racist towards eachother.
2. Chinese people are too afraid of their government to commit violent crimes. They'll be shot without fair trials.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-4-27 09:08:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yanyin at 4-27-2006 08:55
What's wrong with my comment? I'm Chinese Canadian - I'm neither Chinese nor Canadian, so:

1. I'm knowledgable
2. I'm objective

And I feel that the average Chinese person is more racist than ...



Nothing wrong with your comments.  I don't think I said this at all.

I'm not about to find any stats to back me up, just as you have not,  but Asian Americans commit the least amount of violent crimes in the USA amongst any ethnic group and there are plenty of people around them of different race.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2006-4-27 09:09:32 |Display all floors
That's because asian americans are all math geeks like me. Who are they going to rob?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2006-4-27 09:12:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yanyin at 4-27-2006 09:09
That's because asian americans are all math geeks like me. Who are they going to rob?



ricman would be very dissapointed in you...  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.