Views: 25518|Replies: 96

America and Racism [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-27 05:44:26 |Display all floors
I am confused. Is America the most racist country on earth?  Every thing I hear about it seems to point to that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 06:10:43 |Display all floors
Take off your beer goggles.

I spoke to a Pakistani who had lived in Pakistan, Germany, Holland and the United States. He said in Pakistan he faced racism from other tribes and other factions of his religion. In Germany & Holland he faced racism for being Muslim- he was outwardly not allowed in some private businesses. In the United States he has faced the least amount of racism out of all the countries he's been in, as people are generally pretty accepting. The people in the United States may be self-centered, and overly proud of their accomplishment but they are also good christians and born and bred in the goodness of TOLERANCE.

I'd say racism is the most rampant in countries such as those in the Middle East. Where people still kill each other for being of another race, tribe or religion.

[ Last edited by urzith at 2006-4-27 06:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 06:31:53 |Display all floors
Mrotismorgan--you will come to that conclusion only if you take certain posters on here seriously. Some of them are absolutely convinced that America is the Great Satan and will say anything to make it look bad. I really don't think we're any worse than most other countries, and probably much better than several. Posters to watch out for include: flotsam, greendragon, chinese_yang, whampoa (she'll be mad at me for pointing her out again; oh well), joeching, ricman, kanyuek (these last two have major issues over Asian girls dating white guys), and basically anyone who spells America as "Amerika." None of these people have balanced opinions on the topic of racism/America, so take them with a grain of salt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 07:17:31 |Display all floors

Just look at New Orleans

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 07:35:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mrotismorgan at 2006-4-27 05:44
I am confused. Is America the most racist country on earth?  Every thing I hear about it seems to point to that.

Americans are racist, but not as racist as the average Chinese, by far.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 08:20:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yanyin at 4-27-2006 07:35

Americans are racist, but not as racist as the average Chinese, by far.

Perhaps, I dunno, but I highly doubt Chinese people commit as many violent crimes due to racism as Americans do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-27 08:23:33 |Display all floors
That's because chinese people don't have access to legal firearms. Besides, people don't commit violent crimes because of racism. They do it for drugs, money, and gangs. Even if I were a criminal, I'm not going to beat someone up just because they're Chinese - that's rediculous.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.