Views: 1726|Replies: 7

Blokes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-7 13:24:11 |Display all floors
What do Chinese girls look for in men?  I see a lot of really pretty girls out with some really dorky guys, both Chinese and foreign.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 13:44:42 |Display all floors
lol

I also often see that.
WHAT? think about it:  NATIONALITY or MONEY.... or just sex.........

for these couples, real love is very rare IMO..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-7 13:45:39 |Display all floors

mmmmm

i often thought the same thing. I would see a beautiful Chinese girl with a foreign guy who i thought....HOW DId THAT HAPPEN.....i guess stranger things have happened.  I try now not to think like alot of people do when it comes to a foreigner with a Chinese girl....(she must love money....he must  be using here....blah blah blah..) Thats what i get told by alot of Chinese poeple around me.  They seem to think if i find a Chinese girl she would lose face for being with a foreigner and not sticking to "her own kind"...yet when i asked what would happen if it was a Chiense guy with a foreign girl and everyone in my office said...wow...that man must be amazing!  
I look at some of my good friends who are now dating Chinese and they are so in love.  They act like they are 14 years old...still after 2 years.  They are always excited to see their "princess" and are always wanting to spend more time with their girls!  I'm so happy for them.  Most of the guys are happy to live in China and are spending alot of time learning Chinese for their girls!!  GOOD ON THEM!!!  

An interesting experiment i did was take a bunch of Chinese guys out shopping along a really big walking street and we spoke about the girls who they each thought were beautiful and the girls whom i thought were beautiful.  We had such different responses.  IT was hillarious!  They all thought i needed to open my eyes when looking at girls.  For the darker skinned girls whom i thought were attractive they thougth were ugly.

Ofcourse this isnt ever Chinese person!  i think in the end everyone has a different opinion of beauty!  

I think its just best to think that there is a spark between them and that its something thats making these two people happy.  In the end i dont think we can analyse it too much as each case is different.  

Im coming to believe more and more that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!!

My Chinese friends who tell me what they are looking for are these qualities
a man who is going to treat them well,  Financial security, good father for the next generation, adventurous, whom they find cute.....i guess the list goes on....they want educated and respectful...
One thing they always joke around about is that they want someone who isnt afraid to pick up a mop and help out!  My younger Chinese friends seem to have no problem having the man do half of the house work!  Good on em!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-9 23:50:38 |Display all floors
for some girls inner self is more important than the look of a guy. 靓仔没本心 my gf often says. Although I'm a ugly chinese guy, I've got a very pretty chinese gf. She likes me because she likes my inner, my attitude etc...
(she said also that a good looking guy often has a lot "girlfriends")

[ Last edited by hyperactive at 2006-4-10 12:07 AM ]
一心一意,一生一世

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-9 23:50:45 |Display all floors
Uh...

This isn't quite what I was meaning.  What I was getting at was that I see alot of really pretty girls with blokes, who can be either Chinese or western, that have virtually no social graces.  More specifically, blokes who are boorish, ill-mannered, badly dressed (by anyone's standards) or who are just obviously treating their girls with less than a tenth of the respect that they are receiving from them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 00:14:05 |Display all floors
about foreign guys....
I saw a lot of chinese guys(OFTEN FRIENDS) who have a western nationality search a gf in China. Because they can't find/get one in a western country... They haven't a gf before and can't get one... (often UGLY guys like me, but I'm more luckier)
their girlfriends like them because their MONEY (parents owners of restaurants) and  their western NATIONALITY...

[ Last edited by hyperactive at 2006-4-10 12:22 AM ]
一心一意,一生一世

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-10 16:32:30 |Display all floors
lol. thats reality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.