Views: 8837|Replies: 18

How about your frist work? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-4-6 13:08:33 |Display all floors
when I was in my schooltime i think the frist work is very  importent for my career.my parents ,my teachers and so many people caveated me the frist work will infect 70percent of your future work.so i decided pay more attention to my frist work.however,not everything is expanding just like you expected.
       my frist work was in a computer factory to do the material contorl,this postion is so dull and the environment is so terrible.so i abdicated it after over 6 mouths.
       now i am looking for my next work ,i am afrid the frist work will impact me future work~
       my dear friends, do you have the same opinion like my parents and my teachers?
       really the frist work is so importent for our career?
       waiting for your answer~:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 14:39:12 |Display all floors
dear lindaraolei.
I 'm sorry to hear your terrible experience .
I ' m afraid I have to agree with your parents and teachers,the first work is very important for your future.
But ,I believe that something will be changed if you have tried hard.
You should study more techniques whicn  you interest  in and don't give up your target.
In fact, my first work also don't adapt to me.But now, I got other chance and worked happily.
I holp you can find the work that you like.
Best wishes for you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 16:50:14 |Display all floors

things does not go as your parents said

nowadays many graduates will do the job first and then find the job suit for them.it's hard to find a job you like
after your school time .you have no experience ,how can you compete with others ??
i have a simple dream.........a simple dream ............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 17:21:25 |Display all floors
i don't think so. the first work is just a springboard

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 17:38:06 |Display all floors
My first job is the worst choice in my life, however, it taught me how cruel the society is.
~~我在空气中飞舞,我在天地间漫步,我自由自在,无拘无束~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 17:46:59 |Display all floors

the first job

why? i don't understand. does that really matter? i doubt.
the society is quite different from the university. what you ever dreamed in unniversity may totally be crashed by the cruelty of the society. therefore, the first job doesn't mean anything. it's just a job itself. for instance, you've majored in english for four years and you have great passion on englsh, therefore you decide to find a job as translater or interpretor. however, after you have been working on it for a time, you found out that it's not as interesting as you think. you are kind of getting bored at it. it's quite normal at this time for you to think about changing for another kind of job. of course, it's really good and lucky the first job is rather suitable for you and you decide to stay there for a long time. but not all the graduates are lucky dogs. maybe after several rounds, they could finally find out the most suitable jobs for them. some of the graduates change their jobs frequently; i don't mean it's a good thing. but i do hope they will make some progress by changing.
therefore, don't worry about the first job. it does matter in some sense (to prove you are able to work to support all by yourself!),  but don't exaggerate it. it's just a job, nothing else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-6 17:57:29 |Display all floors

Reply #6 cecilia_xiao's post

Agree, 1st job is to gain some working experience.

My 1st job was in Inventory control, under materials dept.
I was  taught FIFO(first in first out) so that scedules to Customers are ALWAYS met on time.
Customer is KING for they pay us money for our salaries.

BTW, my colleague who had two extra years of education did not get that job 'cos i was "talking smart" during the interview answering so many questions.

[ Last edited by caringhk at 2006-4-7 01:16 PM ]
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.