或者升的更高,或者彻底堕落;
或者成就自己,或者毁掉自己。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 17:16:58 |Display all floors

Chaarm?

KingSoftError.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 22:20:03 |Display all floors
我填 "M", maybe Kingsoft would interpret it as Mondays?

Originally posted by 3gkarma at 2006-5-16 16:13

Laoxianggg你是怎么填的哦?
:lol:lol

[ Last edited by laoxianggg at 2006-5-16 10:27 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-16 22:26:52 |Display all floors

How on earth did they come up with these?

词霸:

streakiness
n.
有条理, 易怒

应该是:
1。 有条纹的
2。(体育竞赛等的)连续输/赢状况

至于易怒,也许编者是从 a mean streak (tendency to be mean) 错误地引申过来的。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-17 22:16:31 |Display all floors
Monitor

词霸:

Computer Science   A device that accepts video signals from a computer and displays information on a screen.
【计算机科学】 终端机:从计算机上接收视频信号并将其显示在屏幕上的设备

其实 monitor 就是显示屏。终端机是terminal,除了有个monitor外起码还带个键盘。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-5-18 05:38:54 |Display all floors
(i) Check out Kingsoft's entry on "Gender" (as a verb).
(ii) Check out Kingsoft's entry of "cannot".  Kingsoft claims "cannot" is "can not" in American English. Nothing is further from the truth.  Cannot as one word means the negative of can; cannot as two words is the emphatic form of cannot.  Use google to search for "cannot is one word."  Some people pointed out the misleading entry in Webster might have also contributed to the misunderstanding. Most other dictionaries, including AHD, are clear on that "cannot" is one word.

By the way, anyone here from Eastern Canada using Bell-sympatico access to the Internet? I have not been able to connect to a large number of BBSes in China (except for the occasional one or two minutes), since two days ago. I am using someone else's computer, but also Bell-sympatico access, and the problem is the same.  I was able to connect to Chinadaily, backchina, and wangmanman (some kind of learning English site), but cannot get through to almost every translation forums (in China) as well as learnig forums such as diandian, ielts, 4ewriting, rainlane, and so on.  Just want to know if someone else is experiencing the same problem.

Appended: Oops. Looks like I mentioned it already. Thanks for posting it for me. (I should have checked all the follow up posts before replying.)

[ Last edited by the_yeti at 2006-5-17 04:41 PM ]
http://www3.sympatico.ca/dstephen1/harvardnonsense.htm

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.