Views: 6780|Replies: 13

Chinese name??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-29 01:57:13 |Display all floors
da jia hao:)

yesterday somebody asked me if i have a chinese name...well i dont

how do u get 1? is it a translation of your own name? or it shows ur skills or what??? or is it a fonetic transcription of ur own name?

maybe somebody can help me find a nice chinese name????

my name is Bassam (first name) Hasanat(surname), yes its arabic, and it means smile (not the verb, but what u have on ur face:)), and my last name means; has done good things, good points....

actually my whole name is bassam hashem mutlak harb saleh hasanat

which in english means; smile, shy, i would die for u, war, peace, good things...

so ladies and gentlemen, there's a challenge, please 'give' me a nice sounding but correct chinese name

please write it in hanzi as well in pinyin, so i know how to pronounce it....

谢谢您

再见

bassam:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-29 10:50:03 |Display all floors

A nice Chinese female name

Hello Bassam,

I am very glad that you are interested in Chinese culture and want a Chinese name.  Maybe I can give you some advices.

I think it is easy for the Chinese to have English names because we just need a first name with the surname unchanged.  Take me for an example : my family name is Li(李), and I chose Vivian as my first name and my full English name is Vivian Lee.  Usually Chinese names are composed of 2 or 3 characters including one family name, 4 are rare in China with compound family name.   Since you have such a long name it may be a little difficult to have a direct translation.  I advise you not to take a Chinese surname for which are too specific, instead of that you can have a name with two Chinese characters.  There is a Chinese name for you in my mind, which is nice and simple, “大禹”(Da Yu). “大”is a popular character in Chinese name, and “禹” means grandeur, intellectual and kindness.  In ancient Chinese history once there was a great king named “禹” I think it is a nice name.  If you want a Chinese surname, maybe you can take “荷” ( He). The reason if that you are living in Dutch now, and the Chinese translation for Dutch is“荷兰”( He Lan).  So your full Chinese name is “荷大禹”. For a foreigner, in my opinion, it is a nice name.

Of course it is only one of my advices and you can take it or not.  Maybe you can have a better Chinese name from others.  I hope you can find a Chinese name you like best and if there is anything that I can do for you on your Chinese name please contact me. My Email: vivianlee198289@163.com .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-29 10:56:25 |Display all floors
I don't think you should take a direct transaltion of your name. It will come out to characters that don't make a whole load of sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-29 18:11:48 |Display all floors

xiexie ni

Originally posted by vivianlz at 2006-3-29 10:50
Hello Bassam,

I am very glad that you are interested in Chinese culture and want a Chinese name.  Maybe I can give you some advices.

I think it is easy for the Chinese to have English names b ...

dear vivian, thnx a lot for ur explanation and suggestions, i like it....but i still want to await more suggestions....

don't u have Hotmail(msn) by any chance?

xia ci liao:)

Bassam

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-29 20:25:55 |Display all floors

Chinese Name

Hi, Bassam,

As we know you can understand more than 300 chinese. I think you can get a Chinese name by yourself .

I don't think you will get a Chinese name from others advise, you have your own opinion, did you?

Chinese name is different from English name: The first name is chinese family name, second is others that you are interested in.
eg: family name is " yao"要, i'm interested in
Chinese "qian duo" 錢多. so a good Chineses name come out: yao qian duo 要錢多

Everyone, do you think this is a wonderful name?

[ Last edited by rubylam at 2006-3-29 08:27 PM ]
it is not helps, but obstacles, not facilities but difficulties that make men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-29 21:05:42 |Display all floors
absolutely,,and it inspired me somewhat.
    as there isn't a "要"in Chinese family names.but "钱"is one.it stands for fortune,luck,and more.
  so, my opinion maybe : 钱多多
   and "多多(duo duo)"is easy to understood,easy to remenber too. moreover ,duo duo means  a lot in chinese character.
let the cat out of the bag。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-30 10:01:10 |Display all floors
hi, you are my opponent on this project.

absolutely,,and it inspired me somewhat.
    as there isn't a "要"in Chinese family names.but "钱"is one.it stands for fortune,luck,and more.
  so, my opinion maybe : 钱多多
   and "多多(duo duo)"is easy to understood,easy to remenber too. moreover ,duo duo means  a lot in chinese character.

钱多多- is better than 要钱多. Hope we are all 钱多多

Good luck!

[ Last edited by rubylam at 2006-3-30 10:10 AM ]
it is not helps, but obstacles, not facilities but difficulties that make men.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.