Author: frothow

Drinking and chinese food in america [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-30 11:50:57 |Display all floors
"the Chinese live so much longer than the Americans"
"eyeofstorm" - It is so typical of your ilk, Chinese apologists, when confronted by a
fact, there was NOTHING subjective or debasing whatsoever about my post, and
turn it into another bashing of the United States.  Your generalizations on this topic, and just about every other one you comment on, are ridiculous.  There is good        
food in China and there also is bad food in China.  There is good food in the           United States and there is also bad food in the United States.  The amount of deep-fried food being consumed in China is growing at an alarming rate.  The obesity      level in China is growing as it is also growing in the United States.  You had best     get used to the fast food industry in China because what you see today will just be  the tip of  the iceberg in years to come.  To say that all Chinese food consumed in   the United States is all bad is ludicrous as well.  There are many, many fine            Chinese restaurants all over the United States representing all of the fine cuisines  from  throughout China.  There are also fine Chinese cooks living and working in     the United States, many who far outclass their counterparts here in China.

"greendragon"  Excuse me, but my mind does not need "clearing" up, thank you!
                           "you cannot compare whole of China"  Why not, aren't the poor, you
                            want excluded, Chinese?  Whose fault is it that they are poor, not
                           theirs, that's for sure!

"frothow"    - The "stats" are not mine, they are from the WHO which is part of the
                     United Nations, but I would not expect you, with the ignorance you
                     display, to accept or to be able to look up such facts.   I wil give you
                     credit though because I believe in giving credit where it's due, calling
                      me "moron" really required a lot of cranial exercise on your part!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 09:49:32 |Display all floors

no-no eating out

I'm so sorry, but I have to say that I rarely,if ever go out for dinner,while being either abroad or here at home for the food safety sake,unless being invited to a lavish feast like the state banquet with RICE sitting next to me and confessing the thousands of mistakes of the US invasion of IRAQ among other things.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-2 11:01:19 |Display all floors
eyeofstorm" - It is so typical of your ilk, Chinese apologists, when confronted by a
fact, there was NOTHING subjective or debasing whatsoever about my post, and
turn it into another bashing of the United States.  Your generalizations on this topic, and just about every other one you comment on, are ridiculous.

Hey I was only part of a healthy conversation and might I add a quite friendly one considering it's by Frothow. (very fresh and surprising) I don't see why you have to be all dogmatic trying to lecture me and generalizing my 'posts'. I came to this thread to exchange ideas and experiences not quantitative meticulous statistics. Everything I said has reasoning and common logic and I  dont see why your judging me to be some sort of ridiculous poster or an U.S of A basher. I was only stating the bleeding obvoius (check your obesity chart and percentage) and don't even try to pray on China's downfall on obesity because that won't happen. There will never be a day where 60 percent of this country will be overweight you can get that out of your mind.  Mayhaps I am not as serious of a poster as you think you are but do believe in "to each our own". While you're the type that will look at anything and try to be emotional and anal about it no matter how trivial and leisure that post may be.

You proven to me that "people should make fun of everyone because everyone is offended by everything".
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-3 04:03:11 |Display all floors

Reply #24 eyeofstorm's post

Your right about obesity never reaching 60 percent in China .I dont see any obese Chinese people in America  Where fried fattening food is everywhere! I wonder maybe the metabolism of Chinese people is naturally higher than Americans ,or maybe there smart enough not to adapt the American diet

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.