Views: 8397|Replies: 10

Can you help me correct this letter? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-20 07:57:56 |Display all floors
Hi, good day! I have been back to UK for a while, weather here is still cold as before.
I am very appreciated the good advise which you gave to me last time, so I decided to practice my English through mail or diary everyday.
    My ACCA course has been started on March, which is really tough work. It is not that the variable methods we have to focus on each question- in fact in most circumstance I am sure that it is interesting. It's just that you have to sit there alone do the praetices all night, it's really a time consuming and boring. However, I still believe that patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
   To be honest, even living on aboard, I don't think there is any language advantage than people who living in china if you don't make any foreign friends. However, this is most likely depends on personality, like me. I am an introverted person and alway too shy to talk in front of stranger.
   I have realised that is my problem, but I know it is a long-standing process to overcorne it, However, I am starting to make some friends through discussion forurm, hopefully my progress can be recognized one day.

[ Last edited by qquk1982 at 2006-3-22 08:04 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 14:40:48 |Display all floors
你好。我到英国已经有一段时间了,这里的天气还是和以前一样冷。我很感谢你之前给我提出的宝贵意见,现在我决定每天通过邮件来练习我的英语。
我的ACCA课程在三月份开始,真的是一响、很艰巨的工程。对每个问题而言我们并不是强调各种各样的方法,事实上在很多情况下是有趣的。现在只是要你做在那里,整夜练习,花费了很多时间而且和枯燥。但是,我相信有苦才有甜。
坦白的说,如果你不交朋友,即使你住在国外,语言条件也没有优越性。 这点很大程度上取决于每个人的个性。像我这样的一个人,比较内向,而且在陌生人面前过分害羞。
我已经意识到这是我的一个问题,我知道这需要一个长久的过程来克服他。现在我已经开始交朋友了
希望我的进步能够有目共睹吧!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 15:33:53 |Display all floors

not sure what you want. I have made the English a little more natural.

Hi, good day!
I have been back in the UK for a while. The weather here is still cold.
I appreciated very much the good advice you gave to me last time, so I decided to practice my English through mail or diary everyday.
    My ACCA course started in March.  It is really tough.

<I do not understand the next sentence>
It is not that the variable methods we have to focus on each question- in fact in most circumstance I am sure that it is interesting.

It's just that you have to sit there alone doing the exercises all night. It's really time consuming and boring. However, I still believe that exercising patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
   To be honest , I don't think there is any language advantage living aboard over living in china if you don't make any foreign friends. This most likely depends on personality.  For me, I am an introverted person and always too shy to talk in front of strangers.
   I have realised that is my problem, but I know it is a long process to overcorne it.  However, I am starting to make some friends through discussion forurms.  Hopefully my progress can be recognized one day.

<The meaning of the last sentnce is unclear.  You hope that the progress will be recognised by whom?>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 08:00:14 |Display all floors

Thanks both of you!

hi, lovekq, I was actually asking for correct some of my grammar mistakes! It was my fault, I didn't make it clear by using word "help"! Thank you very much

hi, nanren888, that is very useful. But can you tell me which way I should express the meaning of  "事实上在很多情况下是有趣的, 但对每个问题而言我们不但是要强调灵活运用各种各样的方法,更可怕的是每晚枯燥的练习。”
Many thanks!

[ Last edited by qquk1982 at 2006-3-22 08:02 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-23 14:04:26 |Display all floors
curious..
    u can use simple sentences to express ur idea,feelings.

TRY:
   Actually,it's funny in many sircs. however,we should use all kinds of methods neatly  to each problem,and the worse thing is the boring exercises every night.
let the cat out of the bag。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 07:03:31 |Display all floors
zoelynn ,thanks for your suggestion!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 17:41:01 |Display all floors

Sorry, My Chinese is not good enough to read your sentence

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.